Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Stooge Related "Sightings"

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Stooge Related "Sightings"

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on June 25th, 2005, 2:34 pm

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS FROM THE LUNKHEAD'S ZONE EZBOARD

stoogefan65
Ignoramous
(8/9/03 9:43 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Stooge Related "Sightings"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was driving down the highway recently , when an "18 wheeler" passed me. Written on the side of the trailer in big block letters were the words "SUPER SERVICE." I immediately thought of Moe and Curly,( I can't remember if Larry actually says "Super Service" in the short ), in the gas station scene in "Violent Is The Word For Curly", and I just had to laugh and start saying lines to myself. It made the trip more enjoyable. Anyone else have similar experiences re see something stooge related in situations or places you did not expect?

Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle
(8/9/03 8:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Stooge Related "Sightings"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have this pic on my site. It was from our local Daily Times newspaper during campaign season...

CurlyQlink41144
Applehead
(8/10/03 2:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Stooge Related "Sightings"
I had one of them,...On the way home from school I say a car in front of us all decked out stooge style,..2 stooge liscense plates in the back window, bumper stickers and a liscense plate that read "Stoog1" the works, I laughed when we drove past because I looked over and this guy looked exactly like Larry the hair and all,.. I couldnt help but laugh and think "Theres a future me!"

stoogefan65
Ignoramous
(8/11/03 6:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re:Stooge Related Sightings
Cool Pic, Lunkhead !!!

Megaloman
Wiseguy
(8/20/03 11:25 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter

Stooge Related Sightings
There is an homage to the Stooges in King of the Hill, where they become volunteer firemen, and also one in Pinky and the Brain, where the mice are joined by a third mouse named... Larry.

"No I don't believe in luck. No I don't believe in circumstance no more. Accidents never happen, in a perfect world. So I won't believe in luck."

"Accidents Never Happen" Blondie
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

KNUCKLEHEADS - LOL!!!!!!!

Postby Lunkhead on June 25th, 2005, 2:40 pm

This is what inspired me to pull the thread from the old joint.

Behold our local newspaper's headline about the result of last night's Phils/Red Sox game. :laugh1:

:3stooges:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

this...

Postby Xenorama on August 26th, 2007, 3:31 pm

well, i think this will go here- i was in HOLLYwood yesterday, and guess what set of stairs i came across? pictures to follow.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on August 26th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Cool, Megs! Can't wait to see your pics.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

d'oh!

Postby Xenorama on August 26th, 2007, 3:59 pm

i did some research, and it turns out these are the Laurel and Hardy steps, which are about two miles away from the Stooge steps. i'll get photos of the Stooges next time, darn it.

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on August 26th, 2007, 4:06 pm

That's ok. I'd like to see those as well. (THE MUSIC BOX is my favorite Laurel & Hardy short.) In the past, I used to think they were the same set of steps used for ACHE, until I was told the difference.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

how's this one?

Postby Xenorama on December 20th, 2007, 4:22 am

has this been put on here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XadyoU7_WMs

those kids look as bad then as they do today.

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on December 22nd, 2007, 5:50 pm

Cool video, David. Thanks for posting it.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Xenorama on March 3rd, 2009, 3:38 am

just saw Shemp (Shemp Howard ... Wacky (uncredited)) in the third "Thin Man" movie, ANOTHER THIN MAN (1939). he doesn't have too many lines, but there he is! always fun to see him appear!

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on March 4th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Yep, Shemp was all over the place before returning to the stooges. :shemp1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

more Stooge Related "Sightings"

Postby Xenorama on April 1st, 2009, 2:03 am

in the Batman: The Animated Series fourth season episode, "Beware, The Creeper" the Joker has three very familiar, if bulked up, henchmen. they aren't much better in those roles, either!

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on April 1st, 2009, 8:50 pm

Cool! Gotta love all the places the boys turn up.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Strictly Stooges