Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Which Short? I'm racking my brain here.

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Which Short? I'm racking my brain here.

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Which Short? I'm racking my brain here.

Postby Poohead900 on June 23rd, 2009, 7:32 am

Hi there, this is my first post here. Been watching the Stooges since I was brought home from the hospital.

On a different forum, Someone mentioned the name "Paganini" (some composer), and my response was "You idiot, that's page nine!"

Now, I'm about 99.9% sure that this was in a stooge short, but I have no clue which one, or even if it was a Curly, Shemp, or Joe. I keep digging around Hoi Polloi, Pies and Guys, and (begrudgingly) Half-wits Holiday to find where this came from -- I think that was the premise, turn the Stooges into gentlemen. I can't find the answer anywhere! Not even Google has given me any good leads except for a couple other people that have quoted the same thing without discerning where it actually came from (aside from just saying the Stooges).

Now, my memory is about shot, I'm stuck. Can any of you lend a hand?
Poohead900
Pumpkinbrain

Re: Which Short? I'm racking my brain here.

Postby Poohead900 on June 24th, 2009, 1:32 am

Ahhh... I got it. It was "Pies and Guys". I was right, it was a reform theme, but a Joe which is why it eluded me for so long.

That's all!
Poohead900
Pumpkinbrain

Re: Which Short? I'm racking my brain here.

Postby Lunkhead on June 27th, 2009, 11:38 am

Hi and welcome to the board, Poohead.

Glad you were able to figure it out. I did a search the other day and couldn't find where the lines were from. PIES AND GUYS is one I've rarely seen, if ever. For the longest time, I assumed I'd seen all the shorts as a kid on Sally Starr's show during the '60s. I've since learned that even back then, the shorts licensed to run on TV were not the entire 190. There are a handful of Joes and Shemps I've likely never seen, so I'm extremely glad they are all coming out on DVD.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Strictly Stooges