Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - My Wife is a Fan of The Stooges!

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

My Wife is a Fan of The Stooges!

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

My Wife is a Fan of The Stooges!

Postby Steve on October 13th, 2010, 8:42 pm

It didn't take long, but my wife has become an even bigger Three Stooges fan than I am! She watches the DVDs every Sunday morning, usually a full disc. We only have the first four volumes so far because Curly is her favorite. I've gotten her to watch the Shemp years on AMC and IFC, so there is hope that she'll continue through the post-Curly era.

How 'bout you? Have you gotten your spouse/significant other/friends interested in the Three Stooges' world?

:moe1: :larry1: :curly1:
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Re: My Wife is a Fan of The Stooges!

Postby Lunkhead on October 13th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Hey Steve,

Great to hear from you again. Looks like that mass email woiked. :wink:

That is great your wife became a fan. My wife has always tolerated my love of the stooges, but never really came to appreciate them. I think she's too hung up on not liking their physical humor. I have caught her chuckling though at some of the verbal gags she hears while passing by as I'm watching a short (maybe there's still hope). My kids have all loved them, including my daughter. My Mom used to laugh like crazy at them and I really miss the fun we used to have watching together. One of my sisters is a huge fan too - we used to watch them all the time as kids. Nice to know so many women appreciate the boys!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

gf is not a Fan of The Stooges!

Postby Xenorama on October 13th, 2010, 11:12 pm

my girlfriend is not much of a fan. but that's OK, I can enjoy them myself. plus there's some derby girls who know what happens if you say...oh, NIAGARA FALLS!
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: My Wife is a Fan of The Stooges!

Postby Lunkhead on October 14th, 2010, 6:48 am

Good to see ya here again, Megs. Thanks for checking in.

Since my son and I have been playing music out, I sometimes wear a stooge t-shirt. It almost always gets several responses from other fans. I've also encountered a couple other musicians wearing stooge shirts - it's always a great way to start a conversation. :3stooges:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Strictly Stooges