Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Stooges Misconceptions

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Stooges Misconceptions

Stoogemania anyone? Bring some boint toast and a rotten egg and get in for 1/2 price. Discuss the classic stylings of our favorite funnymen.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Stooges Misconceptions

Postby Steve on January 22nd, 2011, 5:12 pm

When I was a little kid during the mid-to-late '70s, I watched a ton of Three Stooges--just like everyone else, right? Anyway, some of the repeated scenarios made quite an impression on me. For a time, I thought that when I became a "grown up" like Moe, Larry, and Curly, that I'd always hang out with my two best friends, working odd jobs from one week to the next, cracking wise and having madcap adventures. I seriously thought this would happen! LOL

The question is: what were your Stooges misconceptions?
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Re: Stooges Misconceptions

Postby Lunkhead on February 19th, 2011, 6:29 pm

As a kid, I always thought the original line-up was Moe, Larry and Curly. Never knew Shemp was a stooge before Curly until later.

I like your thoughts on friendships always staying the same. Think I got that feeling too from the boys.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby PhantomThylacine on February 23rd, 2011, 6:30 pm

^As a kid, I always thought that too...that Curly was the original. :shemp1: :curly1:

I used to think all of the stooges were brothers - not just Curly, Moe, and Shemp, but Larry, Joe, and Curly-Joe! Imagine what a crazy family that would be - and imagine what a headache their parents would have.
"So let me get this straight...you ran naked around an office building for an hour, beating people with a coffee pot?"
--Lu Ram, from the comic Nighthawk Dayhawk
PhantomThylacine
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on February 24th, 2011, 8:53 am

A nightmare for sure. :laugh1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on March 4th, 2011, 12:33 am

Lunkhead wrote:As a kid, I always thought the original line-up was Moe, Larry and Curly. Never knew Shemp was a stooge before Curly until later.

Me too!
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby woodworks on June 15th, 2011, 1:54 pm

No misconceptions at all...only fun for me :):):)!!!!! :larry1: :larry1: :larry1: :moe1:
By blackglove at 2010-12-22
woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on June 30th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Welcome to the board, Woodworks. Sorry for not replying sooner. There hasn't been much activity here for the last couple years and I don't check it real often. Welcome, nonetheless.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby woodworks on July 1st, 2011, 3:34 am

Lunkhead wrote:Welcome to the board, Woodworks. Sorry for not replying sooner. There hasn't been much activity here for the last couple years and I don't check it real often. Welcome, nonetheless.

No worries lunkhead......I hope this place gets going like it should....I LOVE IT :):):) :larry1: :moe1:
woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on July 5th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Thanks. It would be fun if the board got busy again. All it takes is a few steady posters. I'll try to be here more often.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby woodworks on July 7th, 2011, 2:14 pm

I was lucky I found this cool place :):):) :larry1:
woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Return to Strictly Stooges