Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #15 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#15 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Wilytank on April 18th, 2007, 7:38 pm

I got a stooge DVD with this episode (plus Brideless Groom and Malice in the Palice) in it.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby jka12002 on May 13th, 2007, 5:53 pm

a few questions about this short:

what excactly was moe chewing on while he was playing the music.

Why did curly need a stunt double just to fall back in the chair
(" i got it now what?...........SIT DOWN)

What was the real dialouge larry was saying when the smashed his violin.
("My strattavarius! oh my beautful strattavarius!")
jka12002
Moron

Postby Lunkhead on May 13th, 2007, 6:23 pm

Moe was supposed to be playing a small harmonica from within his mouth. Some of the old, fancy players were able to perform that way.
Moe was likely pretending I believe.
:moe7:

All I can think of is to avoid injury. Maybe they figured this fall was a little tricky - backwards and to the side.
What was the real dialouge larry was saying when the smashed his violin

I don't know, but that sure looks funny the way it was dubbed. It even adds to the hilarity of this short.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on May 18th, 2007, 3:26 pm

IF there was nothing in the magnum, why did it fire?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on May 19th, 2007, 1:17 am

They must have missed a cylinder chamber while checking. :uzi: :rifle:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on May 19th, 2007, 4:47 am

OR two because it fired more than once. Once at the Bud, another at moe and larry, and the last at the guy with the toupee.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on May 19th, 2007, 9:27 am

True, those court workers were pretty darn careless here.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

What everybody misses from Disorder.....

Postby curlington on November 16th, 2007, 1:30 pm

You know the part where Bud Jamisons character falls into the jury? The hag faced lady smiles at him and hands him a piece of paper with her telephone number on it.

A little background is needed. Back in the day to make numbers easier to remember the first two numbers were substituted for a name. For instance 5-4 was often Lincoln (5=L,4=I) Mine growing up was Juniper (my first two numbers were 5-8) so I could say Juniper 9-8359. Or Lincoln 7-8852 etc. OK know you know that background.

So what does the hag say to Jamisons character whilst smiling at him and handing him her number? She tells him her number and to call at a certain time. Here is the quote- go re-watch the episode and see for yourself:

"Broadlaid 9732, after 5 o'clock"! Broadlaid!! Get it? Also please note the hag makes another stooge appearance but only as a picture on someones desk! Who you might ask? Well, it's the mayor in "A Ducking they did go". See for yourself!!! She is supposed to be his wife!! Yikes!! What a hag. And what a gag! Broadlaid!!!! You know, a broad getting laid.......for those of you that are ignoraymuses's! A-woob woob woob!!!

Curlington

Moe: We eluded em'
Curly: and we got away too!
curlington
Pumpkinbrain

Postby curlington on November 16th, 2007, 1:38 pm

jka12002 wrote:a few questions about this short:

(" i got it now what?...........SIT DOWN)

What was the real dialouge larry was saying when the smashed his violin.
("My strattavarius! oh my beautful strattavarius!")

Moe had a little harmonica. Just saw an East Side Kids last night where they did the same gag where the harmonica gets swallowed and they push on him and he makes sound.

ET
curlington
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on November 16th, 2007, 7:21 pm

Welcome to the broad... er I mean board, Sir Curlington!!! :happy1:

I agree, that DISORDER gag is hysterical and the look on Bud Jamison's face is priceless. I will have to watch the short again soon on the new DVD set. The prints are fantastic from what I've viewed so far.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby curlington on November 16th, 2007, 8:59 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Welcome to the broad... er I mean board, Sir Curlington!!! :happy1:

I agree, that DISORDER gag is hysterical and the look on Bud Jamison's face is priceless. I will have to watch the short again soon on the new DVD set. The prints are fantastic from what I've viewed so far.

Glad to hear the prints are good. I hope they have a "We want our Mummy" ? thats nice.

Curly: Let's go to Tunis
Moe: What for?
Curly: So we can get some Tunis Sandwiches- nyuk nyuk nyuk

or something close to that.

ET

And do forget to check for the hags photo on the mayors desk in ducking...
curlington
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Wilytank on November 29th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Sorry I didn't log on for a while.

There was a lack of forum updates.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

Postby Xenorama on March 17th, 2008, 1:07 am

and it looks so good on the new set. it's still a blast, one of the best ever.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: #15 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

Postby bustoff on August 21st, 2009, 1:10 am

that number is Broad Lane not Broad laid.
how about when Curly spells cat k i t t e n and says well you know
bustoff
Pumpkinbrain

Re: #15 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

Postby moe-jo on August 23rd, 2009, 6:32 pm

i love this short one of my favorites
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

PreviousNext

Return to The Shorts