Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #18 - WHOOPS, I'M AN INDIAN! (1936)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#18 - WHOOPS, I'M AN INDIAN! (1936)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#18 - WHOOPS, I'M AN INDIAN! (1936)

Postby Lunkhead on February 4th, 2006, 10:40 pm

During the frontier days in the French-Canadian wilderness, the stooges get caught cheating at a gambling game. They escape Trooper Pierre (Bud Jamison), but somehow wind up at his cabin while hiding out. They disguise themselves as Indians, but Pierre vows to kill them after discovering his wife left him for an Indian Chief. The boys escape Pierre once more, but he catches them again at a local saloon. After getting a better look at Curly (dressed as an Indian squaw), he becomes smitten and decides to marry him/her.

A decent short with some funny scenes, though don't look for political correctness here. This one features a great, campy performance from Bud Jamison using a super-thick accent. A couple of highlights are when the boys are fishing and after Pierre marries Curly.

"Look at the speckled herring!" ~ :curly1:

"You like my wigwam?" ~ :bud_jamison1:

"You keep your own wig warm!" ~ :curly1:

"For you I have the grand suprise." ~ :bud_jamison1:

"So do I - if you only knew it!" ~ :curly1:
Last edited by Lunkhead on April 16th, 2006, 12:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby RedKing on February 10th, 2006, 8:42 am

Not one of my favorites, but Curly in drag is always funny and Bud's accent is pretty funny too. Is this the first time Curly wears his famous skunk skin hat?
Moe: "What are you-an idiot, an imbecile, a moron?"
Larry:"I'll give you 10 to 1 I'm in there someplace!"
RedKing
Pumpkinbrain

sneaky, eh?

Postby Xenorama on February 10th, 2006, 1:12 pm

snuck a new one in on me, eh? take that! >smack<

i like this- people never give the Stooges enough credit for their word play. sure, they weren't Groucho, but there are very clever lines in these.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 27th, 2006, 10:16 pm

RedKing wrote:Not one of my favorites, but Curly in drag is always funny and Bud's accent is pretty funny too. Is this the first time Curly wears his famous skunk skin hat?

I think that you are correct about the skunk hat.
As a kid, I would have given two weeks of lunch money for a skunk hat like Curly's.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Weasel on April 1st, 2006, 11:29 pm

Not one of my favs either, but these three can make me laugh anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Curly's facial expressions in this one are pure comedy!
To you, to you my life, my love, my all!
Weasel
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 8:18 pm

So silly. An 8 out of 10.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

WHOOPS, I'M AN INDIAN! (1936)

Postby Xenorama on March 18th, 2008, 2:29 am

now this one looked like it had a scene or two i'd never seen before (in the new set). good stuff!
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Return to The Shorts