Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #21 - DIZZY DOCTORS (1937)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#21 - DIZZY DOCTORS (1937)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on June 24th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Here's the first of the "DIZZY" trilogy and it's a goodie. The boys are ordered by their wives to find work or get out. Curly pleads, "We looked for a job one day last year. There ain't any." Still, they wind up getting jobs as salesmen trying to push a product known as Brighto ('makes old bodies new'). Thinking it to be a polishing product, they ruin a policeman's uniform and gentleman's car. Regular stooge foils Bud Jamison and Vernon Dent are featured here.

When their boss informs them that Brighto is actually medicine, they wind up back at an old haunt - the Los Arms Hospital. They begin to administer the product to patients, one of whom loses all his hair in the process. The scene with Curly polishing the man's now bald dome is great. Slapping and buffing in a rhythmic fashion. :laugh1:

Turns out Vernon Dent is a bigwig at Los Arms, and when the boys try to sell him some Brighto, a wild chase ensues.

This short is one I had as an 8mm version back in the '60s. It mainly featured the ending chase scene which has some very funny bits. The stooges finally make it back to their home with Moe preparing to jump through their window first - but when the scene switches to the inside of the room, Larry flies through first instead. I always got a kick out of that as a kid.

"Be a regular guy." ~ :curly1:

"Where's the other chucklehead?" ~ :moe1:

"Hey, this stuff's taking the paint off." ~ :larry1:

Last edited by Lunkhead on September 18th, 2006, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby MoeHowardFan on June 25th, 2006, 3:50 am

Moe,,,,, [to Curly] Why did you think of that? (Moe SMACKS Curly)
Curly,,,,, [to Larry] Why did you think of that? (Larry SMACKS Curly)
Last edited by MoeHowardFan on September 18th, 2006, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, darling. Leave you parents and fly away with me." -- Moe Howard
"Can we take our pet kitten with us?" -- Jim Perry
"Ooh, Can we? -- Myself
MoeHowardFan
Pumpkinbrain

good

Postby Xenorama on July 7th, 2006, 8:48 pm

this is one i never saw until recently on AMC, and it's a hoot. too bad they didn't run into the dr versions of themselves!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on July 8th, 2006, 9:41 am

That would have been a good gag, even as quick cameos.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 9th, 2006, 7:05 am

Classic lines in this one makes it a favorite of mine!

Moe,,,,"Give us another chance."
Owner,,,,"All right."
Moe,,,,"All three of us?"
Owner,,,,"Yes."
Moe,,,,"C'mon boys, that's three more chances!"

Moe,,,,"Remember the name boss, Brighto, you'll never forget it,,,, neither will I!"

Moe,,,,"It's for sale, now get selling it!"

Mr. Los Arms,,,,"Those are the mugs that ruined my car, get 'em boys!"

Did anyone catch that line as being a dubbed in line? Sure sounded like it to me.
The gag with the boys running into the fellow in the wheel chair was used in a later short and it looked like the same man in the wheelchair too.
I busted up out loud at this next observation. In the chase scenes in the hospital hallways, the boys pass by and then you see lots of marks on the floor that were not there before, the boys run and slid to a stop right on those marks reverse direction and get away again.

Curly,,,,"I feel better already!"
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 3rd, 2006, 6:47 pm

I'm gonna sell this Brighto to three dumb clucks!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Somewhat funny. A 7 out of 10.

:moe1: You boys really wanna know what it's for?

:larry1: :curly1: YEAH!!!

IT'S FOR SALE NOW GET BUSY SELLING IT!!!!!!!!

OH UMPH!!!!!!!!
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Xenorama on June 3rd, 2008, 3:13 pm

that Brighto sure is a great... something! i think i've seen a detergent for sale by that name in a dollar store!
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Return to The Shorts