Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #24 - GOOFS AND SADDLES (1937)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#24 - GOOFS AND SADDLES (1937)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#24 - GOOFS AND SADDLES (1937)

Postby Lunkhead on November 21st, 2006, 4:16 pm

In this western short, the stooges are agents assigned to deal with cattle rustlers. Their 'call to action yell' while descending from a tree limb is great, and their disguises quite funny - Curly in particular wearing a long-haired wig! There are many good moments including creeping up on the bad guys while disguised as bushes, and a shifty card game between Curly, Moe and the lead bad guy. (They pass cards under the table with their toes :laugh1: ) Larry is more out in front than usual here and gets to clunk a few rustlers. During the finale with their backs to the wall, Curly invents a machine gun! I found myself laughing pretty hard at this short. A nice, somewhat different entry.

"Your hat blew off." ~ :larry1:
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 26th, 2007, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on November 21st, 2006, 4:46 pm

A 9 out of 10!
One of the best there is!
:moe1: Got your special deck of cards?
:curly1: Soitenly!
:moe1: We don't need 'em.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

A plus

Postby Xenorama on November 21st, 2006, 8:33 pm

quite funny. 20 minutes is a lot easier to work with than a full length picture, as THE OUTLAWS IS COMING would later prove.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 27th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Larry,,,,"Ouch ouch ouch ouch! I just got four kinks in my back"
Moe,,,, "When I get kinks in the back I go to the oasis."
Curly,,,, "I've been to the oasis,,,,TWICE."

The fall out of the tree is priceless, wipes out the entire company.

Hey Lunkhead, I request that you please get that trumpet call on your stooges sound page, the alarm the gets the boys out of the tree.

Curly is at the meat grinder, the bullets fall in, meat grinder is firing off rounds like Thompson machine gun, then Curly starts swatting the meat grinder with a spatula?! What was that about?

Yeah I like this one too.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on December 3rd, 2006, 12:34 pm

Hey Lunkhead, I request that you please get that trumpet call on your stooges sound page, the alarm the gets the boys out of the tree.

I'll try to add that DK when I can.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on December 4th, 2006, 7:24 am

Lunkhead wrote:

I'll try to add that DK when I can.

Speaking of the sounds page, why is it that when I click on a sound it downloads it?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on December 4th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Are you using Internet Explorer? I'm not sure why we're seeing the downloads now, but it's probably always done that behind the scenes. Might be because of changes Microsoft made to the browser. The wav files have to be at least temporarily downloaded in order to play them.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on December 11th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Are you using Internet Explorer? I'm not sure why we're seeing the downloads now, but it's probably always done that behind the scenes. Might be because of changes Microsoft made to the browser. The wav files have to be at least temporarily downloaded in order to play them.

Um...yes. Ef you, Microsoft!
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 19th, 2007, 11:42 am

It has downloaded for me in the past, I had the option of having IE6 play it or my windows media player would open up. I must have clicked on something because only WMP opens for me, works fine though. It opens right up and plays it for me, do you have a download manager?

,,,,"I can sell you the rights to Captain Kidd's Kid's buried treasure."
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

GOOFS AND SADDLES (1937)

Postby Xenorama on June 9th, 2008, 12:51 pm

not one of my top faves, but it's pretty fun.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Return to The Shorts