Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #25 - CASH AND CARRY (1937)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#25 - CASH AND CARRY (1937)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#25 - CASH AND CARRY (1937)

Postby Lunkhead on January 26th, 2007, 11:33 pm

Cash and Carry

Plot synopsis written by DangerkittyToTheRescue

This is the short where the boys return from prospecting to their home in the city dump only to find a crippled boy and his sister who have taken up residence in their little shack.

Feeling sorry for the boy, they leave him be to go look for new tires in the city dump where they discover a can full of money. They learn that the money is for the boys operation but more is needed.

They offer to deposit it in a bank to grow interest but get swindled out of it for a map to Captain Kidd’s kid’s buried treasure. The map says walla-walla but the boys break into the US Treasury. In typical stooge fashion, everything works out well in the end.

In this short, Moe takes a beating from his clumsy buddies in the "mine shaft". Watch for the expressions as they light a stick of dynamite.

Curly,,,,"But the map said 'walla-walla'."
Last edited by Lunkhead on February 15th, 2007, 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on January 27th, 2007, 12:05 am

Nice review there DK.

I always felt this was a heart-warming short and in many ways one of my favorites. It shows the stooges displaying sympathy for the boy and their determination to help is touching. The look on Curly and Moe's faces when they realize the situation and then return the can of money to Jimmy and his sister is quite memorable.

Plus, the short is very funny. Curly has a lot of good lines. I like in the beginning as they're pulling up in their jalopy, he says to the mule in amazement, "We made it!" Then later as the con men are driving off taunting, "So long chumps!", to which Curly replies innocently, "Chumps? He don't even know our names!" :laugh1:

The digging scene is hysterical as you mentioned, with Moe taking much abuse. Nothing like a good shovel to the face! :laugh1: And how about Larry shaking his fist angrily at Curly after he drops the bucket on Moe from above? Too funny!

"There's enough here for us all to have an operation!!" ~ :curly1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

quite good

Postby Xenorama on January 27th, 2007, 12:34 pm

this is a very good short, and proved the Stooges could do pathos without being maudlin about it. i reckon they could have made a movie similar to Chaplin's THE KID (i think that's the name) quite well.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Wilytank on February 18th, 2007, 10:48 am

I really don't remember seeing this episode.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 19th, 2007, 10:39 am

Curly,,,,Chumps?! He don't even know our names!" I love that line.

The scene where Curly smacks the wall with a sledge hammer and the entire floor colapses with Moe and Larry tumbeling down cracks me up everytime. Moe takes a brutal beating with Curly and Larry smacking him with the tools down in the shaft slays me too.
The best scene in the short is the missed double hit with the sledge hammer, CLANG CLANG. How did they knock each other around like that without killing each other?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 27th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Wilytank wrote:I really don't remember seeing this episode.

This is a great one. I think you'll like it when you see it.
DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:The best scene in the short is the missed double hit with the sledge hammer, CLANG CLANG

That is super funny for sure!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

CASH AND CARRY (1937)

Postby Xenorama on June 9th, 2008, 12:53 pm

is this the most abuse Moe ever takes? talk about some lumps. him pulling Curly into the pit cracked me up.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: #25 - CASH AND CARRY (1937)

Postby Lunkhead on June 10th, 2008, 3:13 pm

He sure does take a beating in this one. :laugh1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead