Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #29 - WEE WEE MONSIEUR (1938)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#29 - WEE WEE MONSIEUR (1938)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#29 - WEE WEE MONSIEUR (1938)

Postby Lunkhead on June 13th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Wee Wee Monsieur

Review written by DangerkittyToTheRescue

The stooges get themselves into all sorts of trouble and outfits in this fast paced short. This episode starts off with the boys dressed as starving artists; the landlord threatens to kill them for back rent so they self evict themselves out the apartment window. Circumstances lead them into the foreign legion where they wear desert legionaries’ uniforms. After their commanding officer gets kidnapped, they devise a rescue plan with all three dressed as Santa Claus to gain access to the castle to save their captain. Accidentally walking into the sheik’s harem, the boys go into drag and wear harem dresses where they just don’t seem to fit in well. All ends quickly with the boys making an escape in typical stooge fashion.

The wardrobe department must have been going nuts in this short - so many costume changes; maybe somebody “discovered” a prop closet at Columbia at the onset of this short. I got the biggest laugh out of Curly’s harem outfit. I think that he got short changed on his “chest protectors”.

Curly,,,,"I call it a maid on her night out winding a grandfather clock with her left hand.”
Last edited by Lunkhead on August 23rd, 2007, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

nice

Postby Xenorama on June 14th, 2007, 6:08 pm

i'm sure i've seen this, but i'm drawing a blank on the whole short. sounds pretty funny- good review!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Wilytank on June 15th, 2007, 6:21 am

Funny short but not their best.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on August 21st, 2007, 7:39 pm

This is one I've not seen as often as others. I enjoyed it a lot. A very energetic short and Curly's in fine form. He really seems to be having fun here.

"I'm so hungry, I could eat a gen-damsy." ~ :curly1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

WEE WEE MONSIEUR (1938)

Postby Xenorama on June 28th, 2008, 1:34 am

it's funny, but not one i am as familiar with.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: #29 - WEE WEE MONSIEUR (1938)

Postby moe-jo on June 29th, 2008, 3:25 pm

The title of this short was a popular joke with my friends in French class.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Return to The Shorts