Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #31 - FLAT FOOT STOOGES (1938)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#31 - FLAT FOOT STOOGES (1938)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#31 - FLAT FOOT STOOGES (1938)

Postby Lunkhead on October 21st, 2007, 2:39 pm

Flat Foot Stooges

Review written by DangerkittyToTheRescue

This is a fun short to watch with lots of action and a decent plot.

The synopsis is that the boys are firemen with old fashioned horse drawn equipment. A huckster of a salesman tries to sell the fire chief new modern motorized fire trucks. When the chief refuses, the salesman sabotages the equipment with dynamite, which is witnessed by the fire chief’s daughter who confronts the salesman. A struggle ensues and both are knocked out in the firehouse.

There seems to be a running theme in the stooge’s shorts where an animal eats something explosive, remember the ostrich in “The Yokes On Me”? Anyway, a duck in the firehouse eats some of the spilled dynamite and lays explosive eggs; of course this sets the fire house on fire with the daughter and salesman unconscious.

In typical stooge fashion, the boys race off to the fire only to realize that it’s their own firehouse set ablaze and arrive to save the day and the chief’s daughter. I have no idea why the salesman plunges 10 feet into the concrete sidewalk after he jumps from a second story window to escape the fire but that’s a stooge ending for you.

Watch for Larry sliding down the pole in front of a punch meant for Curly, too funny.

Moe,,,, "What do you expect a fire mouse, I mean a firehouse mouse to smell like?"
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

yes

Postby Xenorama on October 23rd, 2007, 2:18 am

is this the one they remade with Shemp- the whole Faraday one?

i don't quite remember if i've seen this one for a while. sounds like fun.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 28th, 2007, 7:14 pm

Moe,,,, "What do you expect a fire mouse, I mean a firehouse mouse to smell like?"

Moe,,,,"A Petunia!

Oh I can't believe nobody caught that one!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on November 1st, 2007, 7:04 pm

is this the one they remade with Shemp- the whole Faraday one?

That would be BLUNDER BOYS. Pretty sure that was all original stuff with the Dragnet bit. FLAT FOOT STOOGES has the boys as firemen for the second time (the first being FALSE ALARMS). It was one of the missing 60 not shown on AMC. I have it taped from a local station and will have to pull it out as it's one I haven't seem more than a couple times.

And thanks for another fine :larry1: review, DK!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

FLAT FOOT STOOGES (1938)

Postby Xenorama on July 21st, 2008, 3:09 pm

aha! that explains why this one was new to me, completely! very funny overall.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: #31 - FLAT FOOT STOOGES (1938)

Postby Lunkhead on July 23rd, 2008, 8:07 pm

I still have to see this again. Glad it's on Volume II so I don't have to hunt it down on tape. I'm behind on some of these! :embarassed2:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to The Shorts