Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #33 - VIOLENT IS THE WORD FOR CURLY (1938)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#33 - VIOLENT IS THE WORD FOR CURLY (1938)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

VIOLENT IS THE WORD FOR CURLY (1938)

Postby Xenorama on July 22nd, 2008, 12:00 am

i wouldn't look too deeply into it- it was done for fun, since Curly got the double take reaction shot right after the girls "adlib" the line.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: #33 - VIOLENT IS THE WORD FOR CURLY (1938)

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 6th, 2009, 5:18 pm

This one short had such a HUGE quote misunderstanding by me that it has entered our family culture.

After Moe repeatedly tells the "troublesome dame" to "Sit Down!" and then announces that they're going to sing Swingin' the Alphabet he turns back to Troublesome and says, "I'll explain it so even you can understand. My colleagues will assist."
Well for some reason since I was a kid I had heard it as, "I'll explain it so even you can understand. Like "Holly's gonna sit." As if she is so dumb that Moe has to use "sit" in an example sentence. I don't know how that came up, but I was a target of derision after that.
Now when anyone in our family misquotes something someone, usually my dad, will say, "Yeah, like Holly's gonna sit." And I get embarrassed.
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on April 9th, 2009, 6:51 am

Great story, Charly.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 13th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Plot mistake? Nah. It's just the Stooges bein' goofy!
This short is the scene of my most embarrassing misunderstanding of dialogue in any movie ever.
I posted it somewhere else on the site.
The B-A Bay song is the bomb and I love the "super service" service station bit.
"I'm gonna press his pants!" Curly tippin' his hat to the hood ornament and yelling "Right! Right! in near maniacal tones.
Then Moe and Mrs. Catsby (or whatever her name is):
Mrs. C-"You'll just love it. Mildew has a lovely student body."
Moe-"Yours wouldn't be so bad either if you lost about twenty pounds."
But the best is " I never heard of such a thing." "You never heard of what?" "He's gonna eat a hamburger with a zipper." My family has used that in 2 skits we've done.
This is for like 3 posts back by the way.
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Previous

Return to The Shorts