Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #36 - THREE LITTLE SEW AND SEWS (1939)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#36 - THREE LITTLE SEW AND SEWS (1939)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#36 - THREE LITTLE SEW AND SEWS (1939)

Postby Lunkhead on February 14th, 2009, 2:19 pm

Three Little Sew and Sews

Review written by DangerkittyToTheRescue

The Stooges are three sailors in the Navy’s laundry detail. When they cannot get a pass, they decide to steal officer’s uniforms with Curly taking full advantage of the Admiral's uniform he put on. German spies mistake the boys for actual officers and invite them to a party where the spies get the Stooges to show them the Navy’s new top secret submarine. While on board, Curly nails the spies with a lead pipe just as the real Admiral arrives on the sub trying to catch up with the uniform thieves, only to discover that Curly has saved the day. The short ends with a bang as Curly demonstrates his lead pipe savvy to the Admiral.

Curly,,,, "Gasoline don't taste so good since Prohibition; they ain't so careful like when they used it for making gin."

Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

THREE LITTLE SEW AND SEWS (1939)

Postby Xenorama on February 14th, 2009, 5:19 pm

good review. i promise i'll get a few written up for ya soon!
this is a funny short i gotta say.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: #36 - THREE LITTLE SEW AND SEWS (1939)

Postby Jimmy Finn on February 15th, 2009, 6:37 pm

The picture above is from "Booby Dupes" (1945).
Jimmy Finn
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on February 22nd, 2009, 2:14 pm

Welcome to the board, Jimmy.

I grabbed that picture off the internet a while back. I thought it was from THREE LITTLE SEW AND SEWS. I haven't watched that short or BOOBY DUPES in a while. Maybe it was reused footage? I'll throw on both of 'em soon to see.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on April 19th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Waddyaknow, I was booby duped! That's what I get for not checking and just relying on the web. I assumed it was correct because of the tailor connection. Oh well, thanks for the heads-up Jimmy. I went ahead and grabbed a couple pics from the actual short. BTW - this short is very funny. I love the Curly pantomime bit at the jail window.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to The Shorts