Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - THE SOUND OF HORROR (1964)

THE SOUND OF HORROR (1964)

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

THE SOUND OF HORROR (1964)

Postby Xenorama on August 5th, 2007, 11:30 pm

James Philbrook ... Dr. Pete Asilov
Arturo Fernández ... Prof. Andre
Soledad Miranda ... Maria
José Bódalo ... Mr. Dorman
Antonio Casas ... Andre
Ingrid Pitt ... Sofia Minelli
Lola Gaos ... Calliope, the housekeeper
Francisco Piquer ... Stravos

a very low budget but sometimes surprisingly suspenseful Spanish dinosaur/monster movie. some scientists and treasure hunters accidentally hatch an invisible dinosaur!

this is way more enjoyable than one would have thought, and something i'd never seen before this decade. the dubbing is good, too.

the Spanish title is "Prehistoric Sound", which i think is kind of cool. available from Alpha Video (or me, i can make a copy of it).
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 2nd, 2008, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on August 6th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Ya know, David, I think I have this on one of my multi-movie sets. Just haven't gotten around to watching it yet - I'll have to check it out soon.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Afa Dollah on August 6th, 2007, 11:53 pm

An invisible dinosaur? Count me in.

Lunk, is your signature, "There you are Bartholeme (?) from THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM? It seems really familiar.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkenstein on August 7th, 2007, 6:37 am

Lunk, is your signature, "There you are Bartholeme (?) from THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM?

That's it, Afa. One of my favorite Vincent Price films. My current avatar is also from the film, although the movie is actually in color - I'd put a bunch of pics together in B&W for the background of this forum and pulled it from those.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Lunkenstein on November 25th, 2007, 10:43 am

I watched THE SOUND OF HORROR for the first time last night. It is fun and some of the scary scenes are pretty well done. One sequence kind of reminded me of the build-up to Newman's demise in JURASSIC PARK.

Plus, it's got Ingrid Pitt! Very cool.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to Double Chiller Theater