Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - THE LEOPARD MAN (1943)

THE LEOPARD MAN (1943)

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

THE LEOPARD MAN (1943)

Postby Lunkenstein on September 30th, 2007, 9:25 am

I finally bought the Val Lewton Horror Collection from last year this past weekend. First film I watched was THE BODY SNATCHER, which is one of my very favorite films ever. Then, I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE - another great one.

Last night, I revisited THE LEOPARD MAN, which I hadn't seen for a while. This is a superb film with several terrifying scenes. Val Lewton's production makes great use of the dark, shadows and sound. A master of scarying you with what you don't see, the part where the young girl tries desperately to get back into her house disturbed me in my youth and still packs a wallup. The cemetary sequence also is very chilling.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the set. I'm very familiar with all the films except for THE SEVENTH VICTIM and THE GHOST SHIP, which will be first time viewings. The Lewton documentary should also be quite interesting.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to Double Chiller Theater