Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Classic Horror on TCM Fridays in October, Halloween

Classic Horror on TCM Fridays in October, Halloween

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

Classic Horror on TCM Fridays in October, Halloween

Postby Afa Dollah on October 8th, 2007, 2:28 pm

TCM has dedicated Fridays in October to classic horror directors. They are running other horror/sci-fi flicks earlier.

Oct 12 - beginning at 6 am EST
THE WILD, WILD PLANET
FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON
THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD
WATCH THE SKIES! - original TCM documentary, history of sci-fi beginning in the 1950's
FORBIDDEN PLANET
THE INVISIBLE BOY
20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA
THE SATAN BUG

Oct 12 - William Castle - 8pm EST
HOMICIDAL
STRAIGHT JACKET
13 GHOSTS
THE TINGLER

Oct 19 - beginning at 6am EST
THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE
THE SOUL OF A MONSTER
I BURY THE LIVING
THE TOMB OF LIGEIA
THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES
DEMENTIA 13
BERSERK
SCREAM OF FEAR
DIE! DIE! MY DARLING!

Oct 19 - Tod Browning - 8pm EST
MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
FREAKS
THE DEVIL DOLL
LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT
THE UNKNOWN

Oct 26 - beginning at 12:15pm EST
VOODOO ISLAND
ZOMBIES ON BROADWAY
KING OF THE ZOMBIES
REVENGE OF THE ZOMBIES
ZOMBIES OF MORA TAU
WHITE ZOMBIE

Oct 26 - Roger Corman - 8pm EST
A BUCKET OF BLOOD
CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA
THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM
THE TERROR

2am EST - CARNIVAL OF SOULS

And the Halloween Lineup: Wednesday, Oct 31, beginning at 6am EST:
THE DEVIL BAT
CURSE OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB
BRIDE OF THE MONSTER
REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN
CRY OF THE WEREWOLF
THE WEREWOLF
MYSTERY OF THE WAX MUSEUM
HOUSE OF USHER
THE HAUNTING

And best of all, starting at 8pm EST, the Boris Karloff marathon:
BEDLAM
THE INVISIBLE RAY
THE BODY SNATCHER
THE OLD DARK HOUSE
DIE, MONSTER, DIE!
THE WALKING DEAD
ISLE OF THE DEAD

Thank the gods someone over at TCM gets it.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

nice

Postby Xenorama on October 8th, 2007, 7:04 pm

there's some good stuff there, but lacking my faves- GIANT MONSTERS! but that's not everyone's cuppa, so that's OK.

LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT isn't the movie, just a recreation of photos, i think.

David
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 2nd, 2008, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on October 8th, 2007, 7:04 pm

That's a great lineup, Afa. Thanks for posting it. A chance to tape some I don't have.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Afa Dollah on October 8th, 2007, 9:31 pm

Yes, LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT is basically a series of still photographs with dialogue cards that tell the story. I do not believe the actual film still exists, but the photos might have been pulled from a damaged copy. I saw it once a couple of years ago when they first released it. If I get a chance I will see what I can find out about it.

No giant monsters, which I enjoy as well, but at least they have actual classic horror unlike the travesty that AMC has become.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Return to Double Chiller Theater