Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Invisible Man DVD set

Invisible Man DVD set

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

Invisible Man DVD set

Postby Xenorama on October 13th, 2007, 3:52 pm

The Invisible Man Returns (1940)

Cedric Hardwicke ... Richard Cobb
Vincent Price ... Geoffrey Radcliffe
Nan Grey ... Helen Manson
John Sutton ... Doctor Frank Griffin
Cecil Kellaway ... Inspector Sampson of Scotland Yard
Alan Napier ... Willie Spears
Forrester Harvey ... Ben Jenkins

Vincent Price takes on the role, and does a good job as an innocent man framed for a murder. he takes the drug to find it, and it's a race against time to find the murderer before he goes insane.

the Inspector is one of the smartest ones around- he figures out Radcliffe is invisible almost immediately and reacts accordingly. he also gets some good lines.

haven't seen this in over 20 years, so it's like watching it all over again. good stuff here!

i didn't even recognize Alan Napier- what a great actor he turned out to be!
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 2nd, 2008, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font color
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on October 14th, 2007, 12:17 pm

This is my second favorite Invisible Man film. The scene with the scarecrow is somewhat touching. Vinnie was great in this and the rest of the cast is excellent as well. The DVD set is lots of fun.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Afa Dollah on October 15th, 2007, 3:17 pm

I really enjoy seeing Alan Napier in this flick; his character is such a far cry from Alfred the Butler.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkenstein on October 15th, 2007, 7:21 pm

He really was a fine actor and not easily recognized because he was so versatile. When I watch THE MOLE PEOPLE, I always forget that's him as the high priest until looking at the credits.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

The Invisible Woman (1940)

Postby Xenorama on October 23rd, 2007, 2:18 am

Virginia Bruce ... Kitty Carroll
John Barrymore ... Prof. Gibbs
John Howard ... Richard Russell
Charles Ruggles ... George (as Charlie Ruggles)
Oskar Homolka ... 'Blackie' Cole
Edward Brophy ... Bill
Donald MacBride ... Foghorn
Margaret Hamilton ... Mrs. Jackson
Shemp Howard ... Frankie / 'Hammerhead'
Anne Nagel ... Jean
Kathryn Adams ... Peggy
Maria Montez ... Marie
Charles Lane ... Mr. Growley
Mary Gordon ... Mrs. Bates
Thurston Hall ... Hudson

this is one charming little comedy. i thought that was Shemp, but he looks so different with his hair done! gotta love seeing Margaret Hamilton in a non-scary role.

the dialog is quite witty and clever. the prof really gets some good zingers in. i hope they never remake it.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkenstein on November 1st, 2007, 7:07 pm

I had never seen THE INVISIBLE WOMAN until I got this set. It really is a fun, little film.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Re: Invisible Man DVD set

Postby Preston on June 5th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Also now available is a dvd set on the Invisible Man TELEVISION-series. This is a British-made half-hour series first seen in the late 1950s. What's interesting is that at that time the name of the ACTOR was never made known. If you look at the credits, it says Invisible Man played by himself. And of course because his Face was never seen,so u could Not identify him anyway.

In this half-hour version, Peter Brady (the scientist-character) becomes invisible by accident. A "healthy" dose of radiation will do it every time! Lunk, I was almost tempted to use the jingle from the BRYLCREEM commercial from the 1950s--"A little dab will do ya," remember that one, fellow-babyboomer? lol

Anyway,I have the dvd set, and one of my favorite episodes so far is where a man comes to Brady for help because the man has a face which is horribly Disfigured from an accident, so he hopes that Brady will make him Invisible to "hide" his disfigurement. In the episode, the Disfigurement is Not actually shown but only hinted at via the reactions of bystanders. The man has a surgical-type mask which covers part of his face, and when he takes off his mask, the camera -view shows him from the back. Man, talk about budget-saving, huh, Lunk. :laugh1:
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkenstein on June 7th, 2008, 6:30 pm

I've heard of the British series, but have never seen it. Sounds interesting.
the jingle from the BRYLCREEM commercial from the 1950s--"A little dab will do ya," remember that one, fellow-babyboomer? lol

I do remember that :laugh1:
The man has a surgical-type mask which covers part of his face, and when he takes off his mask, the camera -view shows him from the back. Man, talk about budget-saving, huh, Lunk.

Hey, whatever it takes. :wink:

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby Preston on June 16th, 2008, 7:38 pm

In one episode, a man wants to verify if Brady really is Invisible. But Brady, INSTEAD of removing his Bandages, he instead removes his Fedora (hat), then bends his head forward. As it is,the Bandages do Not cover the top of his head, so when he bends his head toward you, you can see there is No head! Of course, when I say "No head," what I mean is that his Head can not be seen. :laugh1:

I thought that it's clever as a time-saver in that he does Not have to unwrap the bandage. Just doff his hat.
Preston
Mutant

Return to Double Chiller Theater