Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - LADY IN THE WATER (2006)

LADY IN THE WATER (2006)

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

LADY IN THE WATER (2006)

Postby Lunkenstein on January 21st, 2008, 7:13 pm

M. Night Shyamalan's strange, little film definitely gets better with repeat viewings. When first released, I saw it in the theater with my son and wasn't quite sure what I thought. I was unaware of the original origin of the story, so it seemed a bit weird. I thought parts were very interesting, but feared one of my favorite modern filmmakers may have gone too far.

After seeing it again recently on DVD, I'm starting to enjoy it very much. This is a film that needs to be watched on a different level. Taken as a fantasy, there are some really neat images and moments. Paul Giamatti is excellent in the lead and shares several touching scenes with Bryce Dallas Howard. James Newton Howard once again provides a moving score.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Re: LADY IN THE WATER (2006)

Postby Afa Dollah on January 25th, 2008, 11:20 am

I haven't seen any of M. Night Shyamalan's films yet. I think I remember trailers for one about a village in the woods or something, it looked creepy. What would be a good film to start off with, Lunk?
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Re: LADY IN THE WATER (2006)

Postby Lunkenstein on January 25th, 2008, 8:01 pm

I'd recommend either SIGNS (2002) or THE SIXTH SENSE (1999). Those 2 are my favorites. I also like THE VILLAGE (2004) - probably the one you're thinking of with that trailer. His films are generally light on special effects and feature more character driven stories, some of which remind me of the original TWILIGHT ZONE style. Neat stuff - plus, he makes his films in and around Philadelphia, which is especially interesting for me.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to Double Chiller Theater