Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Macabre but True

Macabre but True

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

Macabre but True

Postby Preston on May 21st, 2009, 7:21 pm

At first,I had intended to post this in the General section under my true-oddities thread but since this is a Macabre-type item, I decided to post here. It's a current true item from Allendale, S.C.

A 2004 burial in Allendale, S.C., is just now being investigated after relatives learned that the deceased, a 6-foot-7-inch man, was somehow laid to rest in a 6-foot-long coffin that was part of his prepaid plan.

How come it took five years to find that out? And I still wait for the outcome of this macabre oddity. :ol_nightmare:
Preston
Mutant

Re: Macabre but True

Postby Lunkhead on June 20th, 2009, 9:44 am

Talk about the old squeeze play!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on January 11th, 2010, 9:18 pm

This is another item I was going to, at first, post in the general section under True-oddities, but decided to post here because it's macabre. Macabre but true.

Fulcrum TV has placed ads, looking for a terminally ill person to volunteer to be mummified. I guess it's a scientific project, as the scientist wants to see if he can successfully duplicate the process done by the ancient Egyptians. The mummy would then be displayed in a museum.

Nothing wrong, I suppose, since it's strictly voluntary.

Macabre but true.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on January 23rd, 2010, 11:03 am

:sick:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby PhantomThylacine on February 19th, 2011, 3:03 pm

A 2004 burial in Allendale, S.C., is just now being investigated after relatives learned that the deceased, a 6-foot-7-inch man, was somehow laid to rest in a 6-foot-long coffin that was part of his prepaid plan.

Huh, that's real odd. The body is not any shorter than it was before, right?

Fulcrum TV has placed ads, looking for a terminally ill person to volunteer to be mummified. I guess it's a scientific project, as the scientist wants to see if he can successfully duplicate the process done by the ancient Egyptians. The mummy would then be displayed in a museum.

Perhaps they could use a recent cadaver? *shrug*
Also wanted to point out that some people have made requests for their bodies to be taxidermied and/or preserved after their deaths, so I am not entirely surprised that Fulcrum TV is asking people if they want to be mummified. (Interesting article about that here )
"So let me get this straight...you ran naked around an office building for an hour, beating people with a coffee pot?"
--Lu Ram, from the comic Nighthawk Dayhawk
PhantomThylacine
Pumpkinbrain

Return to Double Chiller Theater