Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - You won't believe who I met today

You won't believe who I met today

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

You won't believe who I met today

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 13th, 2005, 9:43 pm

Ok, I knew that this person was coming to town for about a couple of days but I kept my mouth shut. I can't reveal the persons name, now that's suspence for you, Lunkenstein will tell you when he gets his present!

Yes, that's right! A present for Lunkenstein! All you have to do is email me your mailing address and I'll get your prize off to you right away! I gave this person a Lunkhead website card also, ooooh the suspense is gripping you?!

Scary movies keep you in suspence, sorry but I'll spoil the surprise if I let the cat out of the bag. I'm just dying to tell someone! Believe me, this person was the scariest in my day. Maybe I'm saying too much?

Ok until Lunkenstein fills us in (after he gets his present) , who is the most famous 'double chiller theater' person you've met?
...."I feel better already!"....
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

very interesting...

Postby Xenorama on August 14th, 2005, 2:12 pm

this is a mystery well worth hearing more about!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

the plot thickens...

Postby Lunkenstein on August 30th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Phase II complete: Email has been launched.
Speculation continues.
Exasperated guesses include Christopher Lee, Rutger Hauer, etc. Only time will tell. And tell it must. And we must know. And know we will, when time will tell.

who is the most famous 'double chiller theater' person you've met?

Probably Kyra Schon. She played the young girl who became a flesh-craving zombie in the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968). Met her at BLOB-FEST 2004 at the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville, PA. [The Colonial is the theater which appeared in THE BLOB (1958).] Kyra is a doll with a great sense of humor. Check her site out at http://www.ghoulnextdoor.com
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on August 31st, 2005, 9:42 pm

The present is boxed up, labeled, postage affixed and waiting for the "super-duper express delivery man to pick up and deliver.

Oh, and you aren't even warm, matter of fact, you're cold, ooooh so scary.

I'm rotten, I know it, ooooooh the suspence.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkenstein on September 1st, 2005, 7:33 pm

Thanks DK. I can't imagine who it is and what the present is either. Appreciate you thinking of me.
:thumbs_up1: :happy2: :thumbs_up1:
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 1st, 2005, 11:09 pm

The "present" went out today, Thursday by US postal, should arrive about Tuesday. It is a very small gift but its the thought that counts. Oh yeah, gift wrapped too, you can't miss it. Merry Christmas! :frankenstein1:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

THANX

Postby Lunkenstein on September 3rd, 2005, 9:53 am

You da cat! ... I mean, da man!!!
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Re: THANX

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 3rd, 2005, 9:06 pm

Lunkenstein wrote:You da cat! ... I mean, da man!!!

There is no way that present got all the way to you that fast. I'm keeping mum until you get it.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkenstein on September 4th, 2005, 9:57 pm

I'm keeping mum until you get it

<<Lunkhead's crying hysterically>>"Someone kidnapped me Mum!!!!"

:wink:
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 6th, 2005, 9:34 pm

Lunkenstein wrote:
I'm keeping mum until you get it

<<Lunkhead's crying hysterically>>"Someone kidnapped me Mum!!!!"

:wink:

Kidnapped your mummy!!!!

Ooooh, I kill myself, my first monster pun / joke! I'm here all week. Hahahahahaha

No actually I'm killing myself, climbing walls, too much suspence for three weeks waiting for you to get your present. Man alive, I wished that I could have faxed it. LOL!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 10th, 2005, 10:46 am

- - - dangerkitty holding breath, turning blue- - -

Did you get the present? If the post office 'lost' it I'm going to be so dissapointed!

It's not like the Lunk to be away from the message boards, everything ok?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

he'll be 'round

Postby Xenorama on September 10th, 2005, 5:05 pm

he'll letcha know.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Sorry

Postby Lunkenstein on September 11th, 2005, 9:59 pm

Hey guys, I apologize for leaving you hanging. Been kind of a rough week, but everything's ok. Sorry for making you wait for replies.
The "present" went out today

DK, I received it Wednesday. Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it.

To let everyone in on the mystery, DK sent me a poster autographed by "The Ghoul" (Ron Sweed). The Ghoul is a famous horror host from the Detroit/Cleveland areas.

Here are a couple "Ghoul" links to read about him:
http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=2251
http://myweb.wvnet.edu/e-gor/tvhorrorhosts/hostsg.html
http://www.theghoul.com (His own site)

One site mentions him airing here in Philly sometime in the '70s:
The Ghoul
Saturday at 11:30 p.m.?
WKBS-TV, Channel 48 (Philadelpia, Pennsylvania)
197? - 197?

Not sure how I could have missed him, unless it was short-lived and during my '70s "Saturday-Night-Let's-Go-Clubbing-And-Get-Sloshed-Days" period.

Thanks again for thinking of me DK.
Go Ghoul!!!
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 12th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Glad you like the gift!

I had this exchange with the Ghoul.

DK,,,,"You know that I remember getting into trouble trying to duplicate the stunts that you pulled on your show."
Ghoul,,,,"Did you ever burn down the garrage?"
DK,,,,"No, had it on fire but didn't burn it down."
Ghoul,,,,"Well then you're doing OK."

I got back to my car and realized that I learned how to put out fire by watching the Ghoul's show. Man alive, he did pull some stunts in between the "B" movies.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Return to Double Chiller Theater