Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - The Manster

The Manster

Dig classic monster, horror & sci-fi flicks? Come howl at the moon with everything from Universal Monsters to low-budget fright fests. Don't forget the garlic and keep watching the skies!

Moderator: Xenorama

The Manster

Postby Noa on August 31st, 2005, 7:36 pm

Anyone remeber the Manster? For what it was the movie was pretty well done espically for the time.
"I'll cry quarts."
Noa
Pumpkinbrain

quite good

Postby Xenorama on September 1st, 2005, 1:13 pm

it's a decent movie, very interesting and the best of the "two headed" movies out there, although not as funny as the Rosie Greer one.

you can get a decent DVD of it from Alpha, and TCM just aired it, although they had a line missing from the end of the movie. i do really like this, and the eye on the shoulder scene was unique enough for Sam Raimi to "borrow" for the Evil Dead movie.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

His 2-headedness...

Postby Lunkenstein on September 1st, 2005, 7:58 pm

I love THE MANSTER, and recently watched the Alpha DVD again during vacation. It was on UHF in the Philly area many times in the '60s. I'll have to capture and post some pics from this classic.

There are many cool scenes - my favorites of course are the "eye" and "split" sequences. The scene in the Buddhist temple is also extremely well done and suspenseful.

Peter Dyneley is very good as Larry. He makes you feel for his character, despite everything he's doing. Shortly before the "eye" moment, he kicks his boss and the psychiatrist out of his room screaming, "LEAVE ME ALOOOONE!!!!!!!!!". Don't think I'd ever heard anyone yell those words like that before, when seeing this as a kid.

Dr. Suzuki's lab is also neat to see. Odd equipment, weird growths and his pitiful wife behind bars. His brother Kenji's return is an early highlight, and the chase music toward the end is way cool.
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

2-headed wonders

Postby Preston on September 3rd, 2005, 10:11 pm

Continuing along the lines of 2-headed wonders, does anybody else remember that episode from the TV-series MONSTERS which had a human body with two heads? Note that I am NOT referring to the sitcom series THE MUNSTERS but rather to an ANTHOLOGY series called MONSTERS. As an anthology series, each episode had of course a different stand-alone story. The one I refer to could be described as SIAMESE TWINS in that it was NOT horrifying but appeared as more of a comedy, what with the Conjoined Twins constantly bickering with each other. That's what I recall. Maybe somebody else can recall the episode's title as well as provide a brief synopsis.
Preston
Mutant

Double headed beasties

Postby Lunkenstein on September 23rd, 2005, 6:40 pm

does anybody else remember that episode from the TV-series MONSTERS which had a human body with two heads?

I only saw one or two episodes of MONSTERS. It looked like a fun show, but for some reason, I never made it a viewing habit. Probably due to so much programming on cable and not enough time.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to Double Chiller Theater