Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - AFI 100 greatest movie quotes

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

AFI 100 greatest movie quotes

From silent classics to the latest blockbuster film, make your opinions known. Non-genre specific here.

Moderator: Xenorama

AFI 100 greatest movie quotes

Postby jamison on June 14th, 2005, 3:51 pm

The following link will take you to the AFI site: http://afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx
As always, I'm leery about the AFI polls. I'm never sure who votes and what the criteria are. Any thoughts?
What is jazz? If you have to ask, don't mess with it!
jamison
Pumpkinbrain

quotes

Postby Lunkhead on June 14th, 2005, 7:10 pm

Saw some good ones, but only did a quick browse. A couple from AIRPLANE were toward the top LOL.

Glad to see "What hump?" Image listed, but at number 400?

Mercifully, "It was beauty killed the beast" was there too or I'd have stood up and hollered.

I'm a bad judge cause I'm biased and would vote for mostly monster and comedy quotes. Also, with the poll being for full length films only, that knocks out the stooges, which is sacrilege.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 3rd, 2006, 6:43 pm

Actually for once I will agree with the list makers opinions on these lines. I was watching KNUTE ROCKNE ALL AMERICAN and I just couldn't believe it, they cut out this famous line,,,,

"Tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper."

I was so mad, stayed up late into the night and the lousy rats cut the line out of the movie!

Another favorite is,,, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

quite

Postby Xenorama on September 3rd, 2006, 7:05 pm

i'm surprised at all of the movies in this list i HAVE seen, tho any list without a quote from INFRA-MAN is lacking...

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on September 4th, 2006, 2:30 pm

tho any list without a quote from INFRA-MAN is lacking

I agree, and they left out SHREWS too - those bunglers!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Cinema