Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Flags of our Fathers

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Flags of our Fathers

From silent classics to the latest blockbuster film, make your opinions known. Non-genre specific here.

Moderator: Xenorama

Flags of our Fathers

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 24th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Just rented Flags of our Fathers and watched it twice now. Very good movie as far as war movies go. It is set on the battle for Iwo Jima and it follows the lives of the solders who planted the flag atop of Mount Surabachi.
If you watch this movie, pay attention, it is sewn togeather by a recolection of one of the solders memories, (that's how they tell the story) so it flips back and forth with an intended flashback effect throughout the movie.
I liked the movie as it told the story of the solders involved, they were troubled by being called heros when all they were trying to do was not get shot.
Clint Eastwood directed and he was helped out producing it by Steven Spielberg. Definately R rated for violence, but thats expected, its a war movie.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 27th, 2007, 6:06 pm

This is one I'd like to see when I get a chance. Clint Eastwood just keeps going along making great films. Pretty amazing!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 27th, 2007, 6:31 pm

Lunkhead wrote:This is one I'd like to see when I get a chance. Clint Eastwood just keeps going along making great films. Pretty amazing!

Clint Eastwood has developed into a good director. I want to see the other movie that he directed, "Letters form Iwo Jima". That is supposed to have the prospective from the Japanese point of view.

Heads up though, put the young kids to bed before watching "Flags".

I did rent "Fly Boys" and that was interesting. Its a story of the first american airmen in WW1 serving under French command. The story follows them through training and air combat with a dose of a love story thrown in too. I'll give it 3-1/2 stars, good enough to rent from blockbuster for a night. I may have got spoiled for air combat generated by computer graphics by The History Channel but they did a good job.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Afa Dollah on February 28th, 2007, 1:10 pm

I haven't seen FLAGS yet, but it looks good. I've been wanting to see FLYBOYS as well, good to hear it's worth a look. That DOGFIGHT series on History Channel has been pretty good, I've seen three or four of them.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Return to Cinema