Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - SAHARA (1943)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

SAHARA (1943)

From silent classics to the latest blockbuster film, make your opinions known. Non-genre specific here.

Moderator: Xenorama

SAHARA (1943)

Postby Lunkhead on March 21st, 2007, 11:29 pm

Humphrey Bogart leads a small band of soldiers across the grueling Sahara desert in a tank in this exciting WWII action/adventure. Other soldiers and prisoners are picked up during the journey, and soon the search for water becomes a top priority for group survival. Close by, a large German battalion is also desperately seeking water and heading toward the same location as the tank. Eventually, Bogie and his men find they will have to defend themselves while being totally out-numbered.

I really liked this movie. Humphrey Bogart has always been a favorite actor of mine, and he is great here. Plus, the film itself is involving in many ways. The story is well told and paced with plenty of action and strong characterizations. Superb photography makes you feel the oppressive conditions and deadly situations the soldiers are facing. The talented cast includes Bruce Bennett, J. Carrol Naish, Lloyd Bridges, and Dan Duryea. SAHARA was nominated for 3 Oscars.

If you like Bogie and WWII movies, don't miss this one. It's excellent.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on March 22nd, 2007, 1:41 pm

This is a really good movie. Bogie is great in this, and there are a lot of strong performances. I remember them eeking out some water from the dry well, and the battle when the Germans arrive.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

Postby Lunkhead on March 22nd, 2007, 5:39 pm

Somehow, I'd missed this one until watching it the other night. It really is great. There are a lot of other classic films I've yet to see as well. Guess I got so wrapped up with comedies and monster movies through the years, I neglected some of the other genres. But I have seen quite a few films with Bogart and just love him. I remember having a Bogie T-shirt back in the '70s.

I got to see SAHARA on our cable's 'on-demand' library of free movies. It's a nice option as they do run some older classics in addition to recent films. With options like this and DVD, it's great being able to have access to so many classic films. I could watch them all the time instead of what's normally on broadcast television now, and with being currently laid up, I'm going to take advantage of it.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Cinema