Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - What have you watched lately?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

What have you watched lately?

From silent classics to the latest blockbuster film, make your opinions known. Non-genre specific here.

Moderator: Xenorama

Re: What have you watched lately?

Postby Lunkhead on January 31st, 2009, 5:28 pm

Yes, and I agree - Torin Thatcher was great in all his villainous roles. His look was perfect.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on February 4th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Dog the Bounty Hunter Excellent reality series. The one I saw is where Dog tries to locate the fugitive by working through one of the fugitive's female acquaintances who calls him on Dog's cellphone. The fugitive was very cautious as to how he would meet the lady, that is, he did Not want her to come to his apartment, so Dog had to try other ways. Several times, they got false-alarms when they thought it was the guy but it turned out to be someone else. Finally, Dog and his crew cornered him as he jumped out from the second-story window to try to escape via the roof.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on February 22nd, 2009, 2:21 pm

Whoa, I got way behind here, but kept track.

GILLIGAN'S ISLAND:
All About Eva
Gilligan Goes Gung Ho
Take a Dare
Court-Martial
The Hunter

THE HONEYMOONERS:
Funny Money
The Golfer
A Woman's Work is Never Done

THE OUTER LIMITS:
The Galaxy Being
The Hundred Days of the Dragon

SPACEBALLS (1987)

THE RIFLEMAN:
Day of the Hunter

SECRET AGENT/DANGER MAN:
Such Men are Dangerous
A Man to be Trusted

RAFFERTY:
Rafferty (Pilot Episode)

THE MONSTER MAKER (1944)

THE THREE STOOGES:
Quiz Whizz (1958)

THE NEW OUTER LIMITS:
Tribunal
Time to Time

THE PRISONER:
Arrival

FIREPROOF (2008)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on March 5th, 2009, 8:20 pm

CYRANO DE BERGERAC No, this is Not the movie but surprisingly a Stage performance. Too bad that I caught only the last 4th of that play, because that means that I missed the classic Swordfight.

Cyrano was a stage-play anyway, originally. That's why when it was adapted into a movie, it felt awkward in some scenes. To me, in the Jose Ferrer film, when he speaks the soliloquy, it looks awkward because to speak to oneself looks natural in a Stage play, but on film it looks Unnatural because a film is supposed to depict things "realistically."
Preston
Mutant

Postby moe-jo on April 9th, 2009, 4:05 pm

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT (1964)

I've been watching it on Youtube since it's my Spring Break week. The Beatles are soo cute in it!! btw I'm really obsessed with the Beatles. :laugh1:
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on April 9th, 2009, 6:41 pm

I actually saw A HARD DAY'S NIGHT at a drive-in when it first came out. I was just 9 years old! I remember girls screaming from other cars every time a Beatle would come on screen, especially Paul.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on April 11th, 2009, 1:16 pm

THE PRISONER:
The Chimes of Big Ben

RAFFERTY:
Brothers and Sons

THE THREE STOOGES:
Idle Roomers (1944)
Three Pests In a Mess (1945)

THIS ISLAND EARTH (1955)
X: THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES (1962)
THE INVISIBLE MAN (1933)
FOURTEEN HOURS (1951)
THAT UNCERTAIN FEELING (1941)

AL STEWART LIVE AT GRACE CATHEDRAL (2001)

THE OUTER LIMITS:
The Architects of Fear

STAR TREK:
The Corbomite Manuever

DANGER MAN:
The Affair at Castelevara

THE THREE STOOGES:
Three Little Sew and Sews (1939)
We Want Our Mummy (1939)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on May 9th, 2009, 11:52 pm

THE MAN FROM PLANET X (1951)
THE ANGRY RED PLANET (1960)
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (1951)

THE OUTER LIMITS:
The Man With the Power

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on May 14th, 2009, 7:20 pm

ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ
For some reason, channel AMC has been broadcasting all the prison-type movies, so last night I chanced upon the movie ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ, which was based on a true story of three convicts who escaped from Alcatraz. Convict Frank Morris was played by Clint Eastwood but the actor whose appearance surprised me was Patrick McGoohan who played the prison Warden, something that would of course interest you, Lunk. Patrick looks quite old in this film, certainly Not the debonair actor we were used to. But then again, he was playing the role of a prison warden who is quite harsh--and in the eyes of the prisoners, he would be considered cruel. For example, one of the prisoners passes the time by doing paintings, and the Warden (Pat M.) chanced to see one of the paintings which the convict had done of the Warden. Evidently, the Warden found the painting to be Unflattering, so he deprived the convict of that pastime. That pastime is the only thing which keeps that prisoner level-headed, so as a result he attempted suicide. Of course,the Warden does not torture anybody, so he's Not wicked. And to deprive that prisoner of his hobby of painting is Not that cruel, although it would seem so since the convict attempted suicide. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I would not consider the Warden as cruel. It's just that he goes by the book (and that attitude is not wrong). So maybe he could be described as simply harsh.
Lunk, what would interest you is that during the breaks, AMC mentioned McGoohan's tv-series THE PRISONER , pointing out the irony of Pat playing the role of a Warden for a prison!! I don't suppose you've seen this movie, have you, Lunk? If you have, what did you think about it?
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on May 16th, 2009, 7:17 pm

I actually saw the film at a drive-in when it first came out. I've also seen it several times since and bought the DVD a couple years ago. Great movie! Both Clint and Patrick are excellent in this, as is the entire cast.

Here's an interesting little story. Back in 2002, I took one of my sons to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA musical in Philadelphia. As I was reading the credits in the booklet, I noticed a member of the cast had ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ in his list of work. Ironically, my son and I had just watched the film a couple weeks prior. This was David Cryer. He played the guard named Wagner, who called Clint's character stupid if you recall (as Clint was pulling a fast one without his knowing). When the show was over, we were starting to walk to our car and noticed people by the side of the theater. We went over and got to talk with Mr. Cryer backstage as some of the cast invited us in. We told him how we'd just seen him the movie and how neat it was to meet him. He didn't have any scenes with McGoohan in the film, so there were no stories to share on that. That was a fun, memorable night though!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on May 16th, 2009, 7:18 pm

THE BRAINIAC (1962)
DOCTOR BLOOD'S COFFIN (1961)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on May 20th, 2009, 6:53 pm

ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS (1964)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 24th, 2009, 8:20 am

Lunkhead wrote:ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS (1964)

Ooooooooooh that's a good movie! It's been a long time since I've seen that one.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on June 4th, 2009, 6:36 pm

BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID (1969)

I've become a huge Robert Redford fan lately. I love him so much!
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on June 20th, 2009, 10:03 am

moe-jo wrote:BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID (1969)

Don't ya love when they see they're being trailed from a distance and Paul Newman questions, "Who are those guys??" :rotfl:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema