Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - What have you watched lately?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

What have you watched lately?

From silent classics to the latest blockbuster film, make your opinions known. Non-genre specific here.

Moderator: Xenorama

Re: What have you watched lately?

Postby Lunkhead on June 22nd, 2008, 12:06 am

THE BUCKET LIST (2007) - great film, BTW.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on July 1st, 2008, 6:38 pm

JUMPER (2008) - bleh... Samuel L. Jackson's always good to see, but I thought this was a drag.

THE HAPPENING (2008)

John Huston is TENTACLES (1977), er I mean Henry Fonda is President of Trojan Construction - and for its products we are grateful.

ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE (1953)

CALLING DR. DEATH (1943)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on July 1st, 2008, 7:26 pm

The other day, on Cable, I caught MISTER MOTO, starring PETER LORRE. What really shocked me was how SLENDER that Mr. Lorre was in that film. Because until now,I always saw him as rotund.

But with that uniquely distinctive voice of his, he was charismatic as always. Also REMARKABLE is that even though he is Caucasian, he really fits the role of a Japanese. Judging from what I saw, there seems to be MINIMAL make-up done to his eyes, IF AT ALL, to make him appear Japanese. Lunk, do you know if there was such make-up? From my viewpoint, his eyes still appear so natural, that I think the make-up was just minimal. Compare that with the Charlie Chan films where the make-up on Warner Oland and Sidney Toller was so obvious.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on July 2nd, 2008, 7:13 pm

I don't know much on the makeup, Preston, but I consider Lorre a very talented actor. He also played a very believable Japanese villain in INVISIBLE AGENT (1942). Maybe his acting was so good he was able to convey the look with minimal help.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 3rd, 2008, 2:04 pm

HOLLYWOOD HOTEL (1938)

Ted Healy was in it!!! Yummy... :lips:
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 5th, 2008, 10:04 am

WEIRD WOMAN (1944)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on July 14th, 2008, 8:14 pm

SWAMP THING (1982)
THE BLOB (1958)
CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (1954) in 3D!!
CLOVERFIELD (2008)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on July 19th, 2008, 9:14 pm

THE FOG (1980)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

What have you watched lately?

Postby Xenorama on July 21st, 2008, 3:12 pm

GODZILLA VS THE SMOG MONSTER, and now TOBOR, THE GREAT.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on July 23rd, 2008, 8:18 pm

HOWLING II: YOUR SISTER IS A WEREWOLF (1985)
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1978)

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 23rd, 2008, 9:05 pm

[b]THE THREE STOOGES IN BACK TO THE WOODS[b]

What year was this short made?
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 24th, 2008, 6:31 am

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on July 24th, 2008, 7:56 am

See? I thought it was 1938. Thanks Lunk!
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on July 24th, 2008, 5:55 pm

You're welcome, moe-jo.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on July 28th, 2008, 6:34 pm