Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - The Green Archer (1940)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

The Green Archer (1940)

From silent classics to the latest blockbuster film, make your opinions known. Non-genre specific here.

Moderator: Xenorama

The Green Archer (1940)

Postby Xenorama on August 16th, 2005, 6:07 pm

anyone seen this fine FUNNY serial? i'm reviewing it chapter by chapter over at my board-
http://megaloman.proboards24.com/index. ... 353&page=1

it's a Columbia serial, and directed by James W. Horne, who worked with Laurel and Hardy as well as other fine teams. it's a good serial, lots of action and a really funny amount of comedy between all the principles. in fact, the Stooges could easily have had parts in here, which would have been really fun.

just wanted you all to know!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

excellent

Postby Xenorama on August 20th, 2005, 8:02 pm

i just finished this whole serial, and it's way fun. check it out!

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Greenie

Postby Lunkhead on September 1st, 2005, 8:10 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to get it eventually. Haven't watched a complete serial for some time. I have Lugosi's THE PHANTOM CREEPS and checked out the first 2 eps. I keep meaning to watch the whole thing, but haven't gotten round to it.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

see it?

Postby Xenorama on August 7th, 2006, 1:50 pm

didja see it yet? i bet i can make you some copies of this. let me know if you are interested.

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on August 7th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Hi David. No, I haven't gotten or seen THE GREEN ARCHER yet. I would like to, and if you feel like making a copy I'd appreciate it. I really owe you though. You've made several disks for me and I think I've only made you one tape so far. If there's anything I can do tape-wise, let me know. :wink:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

i forgot

Postby Xenorama on September 2nd, 2006, 12:39 am

that you wanted one of these. lemme see what i can do!

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on September 2nd, 2006, 4:33 pm

Thanks David. I still need to get started on your PRISONER eps too.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

finally

Postby Xenorama on October 5th, 2006, 4:06 pm

the serial is on it's way. due to some rather Stooge-ish actions on my part, the mailing of your package was delayed until today. but there are some nice goodies in there for you, including one surprise Stooge appearance! you'll have to watch the movie to guess which one it is!

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on October 5th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Thanks Megs! You're a pal!!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

serial

Postby Xenorama on December 10th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Horne's serials all have some humor, some more than others, but i find them a lot of fun. he did a lot of serials, it's too bad the Stooges never made one for Columbia.

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on December 10th, 2006, 4:32 pm

I definitely enjoyed the first half. Been busy with the CDL classes, but I'll get back to finishing this soon. It's a fun series and I love the action.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on March 3rd, 2007, 5:10 pm

Man, I have so many things to watch! I need to get back and finish both THE GREEN ARCHER and THE PHANTOM CREEPS. I was right in the middle of both serials. They should be easy to pick back up with the recaps at the beginnings. :shyguy:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on March 3rd, 2007, 9:07 pm

Just watched chapters 5, 6 & 7. What a fun serial! The humor seems to be getting more prevalent as it progresses. I see what you mean about the stooges being a perfect fit. The police captain even made a Curly frustration sound in #6! :curly1: :laugh1: But that makes sense as Fred Kelsey (Captain Thompson) was in several stooge shorts also.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on March 21st, 2007, 1:40 pm

I did finish this recently. It was very enjoyable. Thanks again Megs!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

welcome

Postby Xenorama on March 21st, 2007, 1:50 pm

ima have to put a package together again for you. i have a ton of serials these days, and you can watch them whilst you are recouping.

i liked this one a lot, but Horne, the director, is a favorite target of the serious serial people- they DON'T like his humor much.

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Next

Return to Cinema