Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Favorite bands

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Favorite bands

Wanna talk music? Share your thoughts on bands, tunes, film scores, etc. SWING IT!

Moderator: Xenorama

Favorite bands

Postby Wilytank on October 7th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Post your favorite bands here. :band: :drummer: :guitarman: :violin:
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

OK

Postby Xenorama on October 7th, 2006, 4:25 pm

KISS, the Ramones, the Beatles, X, Classix Nouveaux, Stray Cats, U2, Led Zepplin, Man or Astroman, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Surfcoasters, early Stones, Cramps

there's a start.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Wilytank on October 8th, 2006, 7:29 am

Well I never posted my favorite bands here when I started this thread.
So I think I'll do it now.
There's Quarashi, Slipknot, Logan7, Production Club, Symbion Project, and I'll guess I'll throw in BT.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on October 29th, 2006, 7:42 am

Quarashi is an alternative rap band from iceland. If you listen to their songs you won't know the difference. Perhaps I'll throw you mugs a video from youtube.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 9th, 2006, 5:02 am

Asia,
Emerson Lake and Palmer,
UK,
Electric Light Orchestra,
Yes,
King Crimson,
Jethro Tull,
Flock of Seagulls,

I like to listen to "Retro Active", its a Music Choice station on WOW cable that features the greatest hits of 80s and 90s. I also listened to 96.3 FM which was a station that played the same thing but it went off the air. Just out of shear luck, I saved a copy of the listeners top 500 Flashback songs off their website just days before they went off the air.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on January 14th, 2007, 9:59 am

Ever hear about Iggy Pop and the Stooges?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on January 16th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Ever hear about Iggy Pop and the Stooges?

Yes, but haven't heard a whole lot of their music. There's a song on Iggy Pop's solo album The Idiot called "Sister Midnight" co-written by David Bowie. I actually saw Bowie perform the song in concert in 1976 before that album was released. Bowie and Iggy Pop collaborated on a couple albums during that time.

For me, I can listen to almost any kind of music. Some of my favorite types have been themes from movies and TV shows. I also really enjoy pop/oldies, rock, folk, classical, jazz, R&B and blues.

As for an initial list of pop/rock:

The Beatles (together and their solo work)
David Bowie
Al Stewart
Jimmie Spheeris
Santana
The Moody Blues
The Who
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Eric Clapton
King Crimson
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Talking Heads
Led Zeppelin
Elvis Costello
Harry Chapin
Jim Croce
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (together and their solo work)
Stevie Wonder
Alice Cooper
Lou Reed
The Doors
The Four Tops
Curtis Mayfield
Don Mclean
Electric Light Orchestra
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Dan Fogelberg
The Police (and Sting on his own)
REM
Smashing Pumpkins
The Rolling Stones

Plus many more, I'm sure...
Last edited by Lunkhead on January 21st, 2007, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on January 19th, 2007, 4:56 pm

I only heard the song Search and Destroy.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on January 24th, 2007, 6:18 pm

What about The Butthole Surfers?
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Lunkhead on January 24th, 2007, 7:16 pm

I'm afraid I missed them. :laugh1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on January 25th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Guitar Hero 2 has all these bands we're talking about.
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on February 9th, 2007, 7:42 pm

Guitar hero 2 has the following bands and their songs:
The Police-Message in a Bottle
Kiss-Strutter
Nirvana-Heart Shaped Box
Suicidal Tendencies-Institutionalized<one of my favorite
Black Sabbath-War Pigs
Guns n' Roses-Sweet Child of Mine
The Butthole Surfers-Who Was in my Room Last Night?<another favorite
Danzig-Mother
Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil
Iggy Pop and the Stooges-Search and Destroy<another favorite
Avenged Sevenfold-Beast and the Harlot
Miserlou-Dick Dale<another favorite(I surf too.)
Anthrax-Madhouse
Lamb of God-Laid to Rest
Buckethead-Jorden<another favorite
Rage Against the Machine-Killing in the Name<another favorite
Megodeth-Hanger 18<another favorite

I'll list the rest later. I'm too lazy right now.
Update: 4 added to list, 2 favorites
Update: 1 added, 1 favorite[/b]
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on February 17th, 2007, 9:50 pm

My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 17th, 2007, 10:29 pm

That was interesting, which one is you?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Wilytank on February 18th, 2007, 8:43 am

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:That was interesting, which one is you?

Oh, it wasn't by me.
I don't even have the song purchased in the game yet!
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Next

Return to Jukebox Jive