Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Favorite bands

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Favorite bands

Wanna talk music? Share your thoughts on bands, tunes, film scores, etc. SWING IT!

Moderator: Xenorama

Postby Wilytank on March 7th, 2007, 8:03 am

Scratch that last note about the game. Just bought it.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on March 7th, 2007, 11:32 am

[quote="Wilytank"]Guitar hero 2 has the following bands and their songs:
The Police-Message in a Bottle
Kiss-Strutter
Nirvana-Heart Shaped Box
Suicidal Tendencies-Institutionalized<one of my favorite
Black Sabbath-War Pigs
Guns n' Roses-Sweet Child of Mine
The Butthole Surfers-Who Was in my Room Last Night?<another favorite
Danzig-Mother
Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil
Iggy Pop and the Stooges-Search and Destroy<another favorite
Avenged Sevenfold-Beast and the Harlot
Miserlou-Dick Dale<another favorite(I surf too.)
Anthrax-Madhouse
Lamb of God-Laid to Rest
Buckethead-Jorden<another favorite
Rage Against the Machine-Killing in the Name<another favorite
Megodeth-Hanger 18<another favorite
Strong Bad-Trogdor<another favorite
Drist-Arterial Black<another favorite

I'll list the rest later. I'm too lazy right now.
Update: 4 added to list, 2 favorites
Update: 1 added, 1 favorite
Update: 2 added, 2 favorites
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on March 17th, 2007, 6:14 am

Guitar hero 2 has the following bands and their songs:
Kiss-Strutter
Nirvana-Heart Shaped Box
Black Sabbath-War Pigs
Danzig-Mother
Anthrax-Madhouse
Lamb of God-Laid to Rest
The Last Vegas-Raw Dog
The Living End-Carry Me Home<another favorite

Update: 2 new songs, 1 favorite
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on March 25th, 2007, 5:58 am

Guitar hero 2 has the following bands and their songs:
Kiss-Strutter
Nirvana-Heart Shaped Box
Black Sabbath-War Pigs
Danzig-Mother
Anthrax-Madhouse
Lamb of God-Laid to Rest
The Last Vegas-Raw Dog
The Living End-Carry Me Home<another favorite
Alice in Chains-Them Bones<another favorite

Update 1 new favorite
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

I feel so left out...

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 13th, 2009, 6:06 pm

You guys must all be like from a totally different era! I listen to none of the stuff you guys are talking about.
1. Anberlin
2. Angels and Airwaves
3. Yellowcard
4. Simple Plan
5. Relient K
6. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
7. Legacy Five
... after that it's a little hard to call. I have hundreds of other songs I like, but bands I like is limited.
Favorite song is Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and second The Haunting by Anberlin.
Others are:
Angels and Airwaves-Everything's Magic
Yellowcard-Only One
Simple Plan- What If
Relient K-Give Until There's Nothing Left
Legacy 5- I Stand Redeemed (greatest gospel song ever written)
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Re: Favorite bands

Postby Lunkhead on April 18th, 2009, 8:55 am

That's ok. We all have our own tastes and influences. I try to give almost anything a chance. I admit I'm not up on the most current bands in the varying genres, but there are lots of groups/musicians doing good stuff today. They're not always on the radio, that's for sure.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on June 4th, 2009, 6:42 pm

I, for one, love The Beatles (nice Revolver logo, Lunk!). I mean, I REALLY love the Beatles. I also like other classic rock: Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Jackson 5, The Eagles, The Boomtown Rats, The Who...

I used to have a bunch of modern music on my iPod but then I deleted it all because I was listening to it and I thought to myself, "This music isn't really me." You know?
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on June 20th, 2009, 10:19 am

THE BEATLES will always be my top favorite. The Fab Four really changed pop music and left a great legacy.

BTW, I went with my friend to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood last weekend in concert. It was excellent! My buddy and I both play guitars and felt our lives would not be complete if we didn't see Slowhand (amazingly, we both never saw him live before). Great show!

moe-jo, I'm not sure if you know, but Clapton played lead guitar on The Beatles White Album on Harrison's WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS [he's not credited on the original LP]. George and Eric remained friends through out the rest of George's life even despite all that Layla business.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on June 30th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Lunkhead wrote:moe-jo, I'm not sure if you know, but Clapton played lead guitar on The Beatles White Album on Harrison's WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS [he's not credited on the original LP]. George and Eric remained friends through out the rest of George's life even despite all that Layla business.

I never knew that. I know Patty left George for Eric and I think that's stupid because Eric isn't even hot. My favorite song is "I've Just Seen a Face".
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby bustoff on August 16th, 2009, 11:36 am

I'm with you Moejo. Its Beatles by a mile.Rolling stones next and all that other British invasion stuff.Have any of you ever heard of the Redwalls or the Shins. They both have sort of a sixties sound to their music especially the Redwalls who were definitely influenced by the Beatles in their song "I'll teach you about Rock n Roll.You can google them to hear some of their music.
bustoff
Pumpkinbrain

Postby moe-jo on August 18th, 2009, 6:40 pm

never heard of those guys. revolver is the best beatles album ever.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby woodworks on June 8th, 2011, 12:49 pm

:larry1: :larry1: :larry1:

By blackglove at 2010-12-22
woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Postby moe-jo on June 10th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Since, my last post, I've been really into The Beach Boys and they're my favorite band.

I love the Backstreet Boys and N*SYNC. I mean, I loved them when I was a kid, then I got out of them, then I got to college (just finished my first year, btw) and these two girls on my floor would listen to BSB and N*SYNC constantly, so after much internal struggle, I burned my old CDs onto my iPod.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby woodworks on June 14th, 2011, 10:54 am

PSYCHEDELIA IS IN WITH TYME :):)

woodworks
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Jacobden on September 5th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Here is the list my favorite bands