Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - ken Burns' Jazz

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

ken Burns' Jazz

Wanna talk music? Share your thoughts on bands, tunes, film scores, etc. SWING IT!

Moderator: Xenorama

ken Burns' Jazz

Postby jamison on June 14th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Yeah, I know it was on PBS 3 (or was it 4?) years ago, but I just got the series on video last month and finally finished watching it 2 days ago. Has anyone else seen the series? If so, what did you think? I thought the mass of footage was outstanding, so much stuff I'd never seen before; I also felt that many of the "talking heads" were just gasbags who added little or nothing to my knowledge or understanding...
What is jazz? If you have to ask, don't mess with it!
jamison
Pumpkinbrain

ken Burns' Jazz

Postby Lunkhead on June 14th, 2005, 6:20 pm

I only a saw an hour or 2, but thought it looked extremely interesting. The hard thing for me is finding the time to watch these to completion. I only caught snippets of his Civil War and Baseball documentaries too. Maybe someday. The footage I saw of the old jazz clubs was great, as you said.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to Jukebox Jive