Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Triple Bypass surgery for John Wetton

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Triple Bypass surgery for John Wetton

Wanna talk music? Share your thoughts on bands, tunes, film scores, etc. SWING IT!

Moderator: Xenorama

Triple Bypass surgery for John Wetton

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 6th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Some folks may not recognize the name but he was lead vocals for a number of bands, Asia, UK, and I also believe King Crimson.

Aparently John had triple bypass surgery on Friday August 10th and the reports are that everything went according to plan.

Here is the link to the "original Asia" website that had some more information. http://www.originalasia.com/

The website also had an email address for well wishers, yes, I already wrote a get well card to John.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 6th, 2007, 7:43 pm

I'm glad to hear he's recovering well. I always liked him, especially on those mid-'70s King Crimson albums. Cool voice and an excellent bass player.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Triple Bypass surgery for John Wetton

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 6th, 2008, 11:26 pm

I absolutely love the vocals and he's been in many bands.

Did you know that Carl Palmer had a stint put into his heart artery just recently too? He's doing just fine and Asia has a new album out.

My favorite rock and roll heros having heart surgery kinda shows me how mortal we are.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 7th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Yep DK, we ain't getting any younger, but I think we still have a lot of spunk. :smug2:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 27th, 2015, 8:55 pm

Oh my, forgot to mention, I saw ASIA from the second row, center section, main floor this last October at the Royal Oak Music Theater, took advantage of Twitter announcement of pre-sale tickets.

Man alive, so close, I saw guitar strings vibrating.

John Wetton and the rest of ASIA were amazing, no fancy lights or stage stuff, just fabulous music, very well honed after decades of practice.

They had a new kid on lead guitar, Sam Coulson, he looked like a baby up on stage but really held his own. The original lead guitarist from Yes had other commitments so he couldn't tour.

Carl Palmer did an astoundingly entertaining drum solo, stuff I never dream you could do on drums, John Wetton was solid and passionate, Geoff Downes was hauntingly mesmerizing.

One of my all time favorite bands, I really enjoyed it.

Took my coworker Tammi to the concert, she's very pretty and stacked to boot but we went as friends, which was cool, it was important to share such a cool experience with someone I like and get along with.

Same Royal Oak Theater that I saw a "Crack open a twelve pack of Curly's" stooge festival 25 years ago.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Return to Jukebox Jive