Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - King Crimson

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

King Crimson

Wanna talk music? Share your thoughts on bands, tunes, film scores, etc. SWING IT!

Moderator: Xenorama

King Crimson

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 20th, 2005, 10:13 am

I've got it!
I've got it!
It's Epitaph by King Crimsom, Court of the Crimson King! That's the short background music on the other site when you click into that music forum. I knew that it was Crimson all right but I just didn't know what tune until I cleaned out my two cases of albums. It's been haunting me for sometime now, just couldn't place it totally.

To the younger folks,,,, albums are round plastic analog disks that we used to play music on,,,,,,

I had found Crimsom next to Uriah Heap, Emersom Lake and Palmer, UK and some old Yes albums.

I'm correct on this, ain't I?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

yesh

Postby Xenorama on October 20th, 2005, 10:50 am

i love at least the newer version of King Crimson with Adrian Belew. you've reminded me i need to see about getting an album (CD) or two.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

It's a lark!

Postby Lunkhead on October 24th, 2005, 6:21 pm

It's Epitaph by King Crimsom, Court of the Crimson King! That's the short background music on the other site when you click into that music forum.

Ah, you were close DK. "Epitaph" a great tune and IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING (1969) is a super-classic, but that small sound byte is from the song "Exiles" off their album LARKS' TONGUES IN ASPIC (1973).

I've enjoyed all their incarnations through the years, and Robert Fripp is one of my guitar idols.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

say, lunk

Postby Xenorama on October 24th, 2005, 7:46 pm

do you have the King Crimson CD with Elephant Talk on it?

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

yes, Megs?

Postby Lunkhead on October 29th, 2005, 2:57 pm

do you have the King Crimson CD with Elephant Talk on it?

I believe that's on the album called DISCIPLINE (1981), right? I don't have that album, but I've heard cuts from it and I think they did some of those tunes on a concert I rented once. I actually have more of their '70s stuff, but I like their later material too.

Speaking of Adrian Belew, I saw him at a David Bowie concert back in 1978. He was Bowie's lead guitarist on that tour and on his album LODGER (1979). Cool player. I love those sounds he gets out of the instrument.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

no question

Postby Xenorama on October 29th, 2005, 3:08 pm

he does amazing things with that guitar. let me know if you get Discpline!

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 11th, 2005, 10:30 pm

There is an identical guitar riff in Epitaph, short but its there, I went back and listened to it again. The track did come from exiles, I downloaded a corrupt version of it, just enough to listen to. He's really good on that guitar, excellent flow.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on November 12th, 2005, 10:38 am

That's true. Fripp would reuse little licks here and there in various songs, but with such cool improvisation.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 12th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Lunkhead wrote:That's true. Fripp would reuse little licks here and there in various songs, but with such cool improvisation.

You're right!
Just like a trademark of sorts that I recognized in the melody on the old site, knew that it was K.C. The other thing that led me to believe it may have been K. C. was the album cover featured.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Return to Jukebox Jive