Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - 2008 Phillies

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

2008 Phillies

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: 2008 Phillies

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 27th, 2008, 10:10 am

Oh baby, it's getting exciting now!

Man alive, when the pitcher hits a home run, you almost have to start thinking destiny. I said thinking, not talking, don't want to jinx anything at this point.

I bet the entire city is going bananas, everything is Philly in the city.

Put a tape in the VCR while your at the game and hold your breath, you just might wrap this up tonight.

I'm so happy for you, enjoy all of this, take it all in, championships are so rare.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 29th, 2008, 10:22 pm

Champions!

Congratulations!

I couldn't be any happier for you, now you got to tell us all about the celebrations!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on November 1st, 2008, 3:36 pm

Thank you, DK! This has been such a wild, great week. I can't even begin to describe it just yet. I will add a long, detailed post when I get the time to write it. Summing up in one word for now - ECSTASY!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on December 2nd, 2008, 8:00 pm

Yay, Phils!
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 14th, 2012, 9:56 am

Lunkhead wrote:Thank you, DK! This has been such a wild, great week. I can't even begin to describe it just yet. I will add a long, detailed post when I get the time to write it. Summing up in one word for now - ECSTASY!

Well, the Detroit Tigers are on their journey towards ecstasy, made it into the ALCS but let me tell ya, they're like the "cardiac kids" with the bullpen breaking down on us, it's more like "the agony and eccstasy.

Man alive, the line that Mickey Redmond, the Red Wing's color man likes to say,,,, "no place for a nervous person."

We're up 1 game to none against the Yankee's.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 14th, 2012, 4:25 pm

DK, best of luck to you and the Tigers. That would be great to see them win. Been a long time.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 24th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Lunkhead wrote:DK, best of luck to you and the Tigers. That would be great to see them win. Been a long time.

Man alive, they're not going anywhere fast in the first game of the series. It's just one game, bet they come back with a vengance, (I hope)

Would be kinda unique, been friends on the boards for years, your Phillies win it all one year and who knows, maybe the Tigers can win it all this year.

My goodness, Detroit would erupt if they did it. At least it's taking the heat away from the hockey fans who have been shut out with the lock out.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 28th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Lunkhead wrote:DK, best of luck to you and the Tigers. That would be great to see them win. Been a long time.

Man alive, they're really playing crappy, down 3 games to none, tonight's do or die.

You know, I have a problem with all the champagne they break open throughout the journey to the world series. It just seems like the celebrate when they get to the playoffs, win their division, win the pennant, then toss in a triple crown, a MVP award, accolades throughout the sports world and it seems like they've won everything they wanted to win.

They came into this series drunk on all the success, definitely not in the game at all, playing like they're not focused on the real prize, world series champions. That's what I've got a problem with. You don't see all that dancing, partying and champagne through hockey or football playoffs, no those guys stay focused on the real goal.

It's as if they hit all their goals and that's it, well I'm still rooting for them but I won't be crying for them when they lose, and it'll probabluy be in a couple of hours from now.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 30th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Sorry about the Tigers. I was hoping they'd at least make a series of it. That's tough to get swept.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Previous

Return to Mister Sportsman