Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - sorry Lunk!

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

sorry Lunk!

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: sorry Lunk!

Postby Lunkhead on May 18th, 2008, 7:27 pm

Yep, they gave it a nice ride but starting 0-3 with the Penguins pretty much did it. Hey, good luck with the Wings!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Stanley Cup

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 1st, 2008, 6:19 am

Wow, we're just one win away from a Stanley Cup championship.

This has been an exciting post season, i've watched most of the playoff games, the Red Wings seem to be on a mission this year. I thought that early on in the run, remembering that they gave it away to the Ducks last year, I think they want to avenge that loss.

I can't begin to mention how special this is, the air of excitement, anticipation and suspence, the color red all over the joint. I've lived through the seasons that we didn't have good teams, I guess that makes me appreciate how special this really is.

Game 5 is on Monday night.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on June 1st, 2008, 4:36 pm

Very happy for you, DK. I must admit I don't follow hockey too closely unless the Flyers get into the playoffs, but any time one of your town's teams gets this close you've got to be thrilled. Enjoy it - it looks like a lot of fun coming up.

Gotta say, I'm really happy with the Phillies this year. Man, what an offensive explosion of late! It's a long season, but I have good vibes about this team and they are fun to watch.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on June 2nd, 2008, 9:14 am

I don't follow hockey much unless the Bruins are in the playoffs. Great year for the Red Sox so far, though. They started off a little shaky, what with Big Papi being in that slump and all, but now they're back on top!

Really impressed with the Celtics. They haven't been in the playoffs for so long and now they're in the finals against the Lakers! Woo! Go Celts!
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 14th, 2010, 9:10 pm

moe-jo wrote:I don't follow hockey much unless the Bruins are in the playoffs.

Wow, you're about to go through the floor aren't you?!

Unbelievable. Philly Flyers come back from 0-3 in the series and 0-3 in game 7 to win the series against Boston. It's like only the 4th time in professional sports that a team has come back from a 3 game deficit to win a 7 game series.

Hey Lunk, what do they put in the water over there?!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 29th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Ok Lunk, the Flyers are in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Is the city as cup crazy as they were for the World Series?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on June 11th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Folks were pretty fired up. It was a great run.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Previous

Return to Mister Sportsman