Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - sorry Lunk!

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

sorry Lunk!

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Postby Lunkhead on November 19th, 2006, 9:30 pm

Anyone see the Michigan Ohio game? Michigan just couldn't contain that Ohio offence, but Michigan did stay within 3 points. One thing that I noticed early into the game after a replay, the Michigan defensive lineman were not raising their hands and arms to try to block the passes and block the Ohio quarterbacks view.

I don't usually see many college games DK, but I hope Michigan finishes well for you.

Megs, your Broncos are doing pretty good. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

not so

Postby Xenorama on January 7th, 2007, 2:06 pm

they did OK, but with a rookie QB, i knew it would be rough sledding. they will be better next season, i am sure.

i'll be pulling for the Eagles today!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

On to New Orleans!

Postby Lunkhead on January 7th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Thanks Megs. Had a feeling it would be a close game. It was a bit of a nail biter, but a win is still a win. Go Eagles!!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 7th, 2007, 9:27 pm

I was rooting for the Eagles too! You have one of our former quarterbacks, Garcia. I thought that he had promise when he was in Detroit but they wanted to play "whatshisname".
At least you guys got a football team in the playoffs, the Detroit Lions couldn't even clinch "first pick". Oh yeah, the first mug that says "wait untill next season" is going to get clocked!
I'm an Eagle fan now!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 7th, 2007, 9:44 pm

Garcia has helped a lot, running the offense very effectively and rallying the team. I'm really glad the Eagles got him. I think New Orleans will be a tough game, but hopefully the birds will prevail.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 13th, 2007, 11:25 pm

27 to 24, oh no!
I thought that the Eagles had a shot on the fumble recovery, but it wasn't to be. What did they have to lose by going for it on fourth and fifteen? Lots of armchair quarterbacks will be arguing that one! Well at least I was rooting for a team that make it to the playoffs!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 14th, 2007, 1:25 am

Yep, I hear ya DK. I was sitting there yelling, "Why are they punting!?!?!" They may not have made it, but I still would have at least tried. Under 2 minutes, there was no way the defense was going to stop the Saints and get the offense back on the field in time. Beaten again by the Saints as they ran out the clock again, only this time it also closed out the season. I love our teams here in Philly, but wonder if I'll see another championship in my lifetime. I know guys who live and die by how the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers and Flyers do. I'm also extremely happy when they have success, but I'm sure glad I love classic comedy and monster movies more than sports, cause these teams would have me in a looney bin.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 15th, 2007, 4:12 pm

Lunkhead wrote: I love our teams here in Philly, but wonder if I'll see another championship in my lifetime.

Maybe I should feel lucky, I've seen several championships. Let's see, Tigers in '68 & '84, Pistons twice in early 90's, Detroit Vipers hockey, an arena football chamionship and womans pro basketball championship.

The most memorial are the three Redwing championships '98 '99 '02 and Pistons in '04. The reason that I enjoyed those most of all is because I lived in Royal Oak at the time. There was at least 50,000 fans in downtown RO celebrating after clinching, I was among them during those 4 championships.

Wow, I'll never forget all the folks, young and old, celebrating, hanging out of car windows, store windows, rooftops, waving banners and flags, every corner had a "homemade" Stanley cup or basket ball trophys.

Imprinted into my memory is the sweet smell of ozone. That gets produced by all the car horns blowing and, of course, burning out. TV stations all had remote crews getting swampted by jubliant fans, helicopters circling overhead, fireworks going off here and there.

People dressed up like their favorite sports star, traffic jammed up moving slowly, a hot lady in an evening dress stands on the roof of a limo waving a newspaper declaring "Championship!" and the crowd going wild!

When a championship gets won in this town, everybody comes out of the woodwork to celebrate and man alive, it's alot of fun to watch and participate in. Since '84 Tiger celebration when some idiot set a car on fire, everything has been perfectly safe, family friendly and with no arrests to speak of.

Of course its devastating when the pistons were just one basket and 9 seconds from another championship and lose it, or last year when the Tigers Cinderela story imploded in the world series. I guess that is what makes those championships all the more special.

Maybe someday you'll be celebrating a championship, if those Eagles win it all, i'll be celebrating with you too.

DK
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 16th, 2007, 6:47 pm

Thanks DK. The last one we had here was the Sixers in 1983, and I wasn't into basketball then and don't remember a whole of of celebrating. When the Phillies one their one and only World Series in 1980, it was a total blast. During the same week, my first son was born. I had a lot to celebrate, but was so busy I couldn't get to the Phillies parade. I do recall when the Flyers won in 1974, we had a ball at the parade and total madness and partying was everywhere. I'd settle for any one of Philly's 4 major teams to do something. Maybe some day.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 21st, 2007, 11:39 am

Speaking about championship parades, the folks were starting to talk about a Red Wing parade until the Ducks tied and eventually won game 5 in Detroit on Sunday. Detroit down 3 games to 2 in best of 7 series.

Game 6 for Detroit playing in Aneheim, do or die and go play golf.
For the record, I still say Detroit will win the series as they have been out playing the Ducks for the last two games, just need a couple of breaks to go their way.

DK keeping fingers crossed.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on May 21st, 2007, 5:54 pm

Best of luck to you DK and the Red Wings.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 22nd, 2007, 10:23 pm

Thanks Lunk.

It's the third period, we're down three goals to none, it feels like a gut wrenching nightmare to watch all that effort slide away. Might be a different story to get knocked out in the first round but to go through all the rounds only to end up a pair of wins from the championship round, well it's rather deflating. Sad part is that I don't see too many of these older players returning to the Redwings so the chemistry will change again.

Now 4 goals to one, half way through the third period, Auld Lang Syne.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on May 22nd, 2007, 10:36 pm

Sorry DK. Seeing your team go out is never fun.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 23rd, 2007, 9:02 am

Lunkhead wrote:Sorry DK. Seeing your team go out is never fun.

Yeah they really gave a run at it, nearly tying up the game on several occasions late in the game with a great effort.

One stinking goal, that was it, but in reality, the Red Wings gave them the series in the 4th and 5th games.

Well, we still have the Detroit Pistons, we'll see what happens.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: sorry Lunk!

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on May 18th, 2008, 5:27 pm

Oh man alive, I was rooting for the Philly Flyers, too bad to see their exit from the Stanley Cup. They sure did give it a great run, would have been neat to see a Detroit / Philly final in the Stanley Cup. I'm holding my breath about the Wings as those pesky Dallas Stars are trying to make a series out of it.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Sportsman