Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - are we ready for some football?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

are we ready for some football?

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: are we ready for some football?

Postby moe-jo on February 20th, 2009, 6:01 pm

That was a great game. I was going out for the Cardinals, but kudos to the Steelers.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on February 22nd, 2009, 2:19 pm

Hopefully, all our teams will do better next year.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on April 9th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Hopefully, all our teams will do better next year.

They may do better, but the Patriots WILL win the Super Bowl. :laugh1:
moe-jo
Mongoose

Re:

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 13th, 2009, 4:27 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:Football time again. I love college ball on Saturdays and I take my best afternoon naps during Detroit Lions games.

Yes, my best nap of the year! Lions put me to sleep before the first half.

Only 9 more losses until we have the all-time NFL consecutive loss record.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 16th, 2009, 5:56 pm

Sorry about your Lions, DK. A shame someone there can't do something to improve the team. Maybe that'll change at some point hopefully.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 27th, 2009, 10:28 pm

The Lion's finally won. First time since December 2007. 19 game losing streak, the second longest in NFL is over.

Did you see it on the news?!!

They were acting like they won a playoff game, everyone was singing hallelujah, popping party favors, pouring champagne, what a bunch of retards. So you're better than all of 2008, one game, big deal, talk to me when you're 13 & 3 and going somewhere. I'm not missing my Sunday afternoon nap for those jokers, i'm not getting suckered into the hype again.

Of course, those idiots win while their game is blacked out on local TV, that figures.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 11th, 2009, 9:51 am

A belated congrats on the Lions, DK. Hey, it's a start.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 11th, 2009, 9:44 pm

Lunkhead wrote:A belated congrats on the Lions, DK. Hey, it's a start.

Thanks Lunk!

The Lions finally win a game and the Tigers go down faster than the Titanic! They were up by 3 games with just 4 to go and ended up losing the tie breaker against the Twins. One of our best players gets plastered drunk (like Bustoff) just 12 hours before the second from last game in the regular season. Blows a 2.6 at 6AM the day of the game. Man alive, you can't say this is a boring sports town.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on November 22nd, 2009, 6:55 pm

the stupid colts beat my patriots last sunday...
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 25th, 2009, 7:48 pm

moe-jo wrote:the stupid colts beat my patriots last sunday...

I like the Patriots, Brady was the quarterback at Michigan during their glory years.

Thanksgiving day football. If the turkey don't put you to sleep, the Detroit Lions will.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on December 6th, 2009, 6:05 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:If the turkey don't put you to sleep, the Detroit Lions will.

the packers really need to lighten up on them next year. :laugh1:

the stupid dolphins make a narrow comeback to win over the patriots 22-21. we REALLY needed that win after last week...
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 9th, 2010, 10:50 am

Rats! No more afternoon naps, real football (playoffs) begin today. :laugh1:

I will say this, there were some real humdinger of college football bowl games on during this holiday season. The nice part was that the bowl games were spread out nicely over the long holiday weekend, that made it nice to watch. I must have seen at least two dozen bowl games, maybe more. No I wasn't a big couch potato, I had the games on while doing other things, most of the time anyways.

I will say this; some of the most entertaining games every year are the lower and middle tier of the bowl games. I think the kids get too worked up and nervous in the super big bowls to play well, not always but often enough.

Anyways, let the playoffs begin!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on January 14th, 2010, 5:49 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:Rats! No more afternoon naps, real football (playoffs) begin today. :laugh1:

I will say this, there were some real humdinger of college football bowl games on during this holiday season.

i'll say! and texas wins BCS!

patriots are out. :sad:
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 14th, 2010, 7:11 am

So how's everyones favorite football team doing this year?

I still get to nap during the Detroit Lions games although they're looking better. The Michigan Wolverines are bowl eligible this year, the Michigan State Spartans look like they're heading for a major bowl this year.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

we ready for some football?

Postby Xenorama on November 14th, 2010, 12:08 pm

the Broncos are sucking sewer water (though I predict the Chiefs and Raiders will be brought to reality if either team makes it to the playoffs). good thing I rarely get to see them play!
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Sportsman