Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - 2008 Phillies

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

2008 Phillies

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

2008 Phillies

Postby Lunkhead on October 5th, 2008, 5:13 pm

I'm an extremely, happy Lunkster today - with the Phillies winning the NLDS. Next stop, the NLCS.

GO PHILLIES!!!!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: 2008 Phillies

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 9th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Ok Lunkhead, now I really have to root for the Phillies.

The Phillies are my new official "favorite" team.

Watching them right now, couple of homers, up on top.

This should be fun to watch, glad your team is in the playoffs.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 10th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Thanks, DK. Man am I loving this. Another great win today.
Did you see that catch by Shane Victorino? :yikes:

:singer2: ~ ... and he makes the catch!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

2008 Phillies

Postby Xenorama on October 10th, 2008, 9:21 pm

yes, i am glad to see them in the series. hope they win, if only for personal reasons that they beat the Sox!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on October 11th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Philly hasn't had any of the 4 major sport teams win a championship since the 76ers in 1983. That's a pretty long drought. I'm not predicting anything [removing the jinx factor]; just taking it one game at a time, but I feel really good and relaxed as exciting as these games are. In other words, I'm really enjoying this! I've always been a Phillies baseball fan first, as that was the only sport my father and I watched together when I was a kid. I grew to like football later, but I'm not nearly as passionate with it. I'd put basketball and hockey in a tie for third and mostly only follow the 76ers and Flyers when they're in the playoffs. The Phils hold a special place for me, though they've frustrated to no end too with just one world series championship since their start in 1883. If it does come down to them and the Sox, I think it would be a hell of a series. Not looking past the Dodgers here though. Damn this is fun! Image

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on October 16th, 2008, 7:16 am

Thanks guys! Whew, man this is so great. My youngest son (who's 15) and I had a blast last night - watching the game and then running outside for a few minutes to cheer with our neighbors. What a great feeling to be going back to the series. I'm also excited that my oldest son (who's 28) and my youngest son and I will be going to game 5. I registered online for the chance to be able to buy world series tickets; then my wife called me yesterday to say we got the email and she went ahead and bought the 3 tickets. Needless to say, I'm super happy!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 16th, 2008, 8:23 am

Just saw the headlines, Phillies are in!

Championships don't come along very often, let alone just the chance to be in one. Take it all in and enjoy the ride through the World Series.

Excellent score on those tickets too!

Wow, I'm so excited for you!!!!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 16th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Thanks DK! This just makes me wanna jump up in the air and yell YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :wink:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on October 23rd, 2008, 7:07 am

A big YEAH!! for game 1! Hamels and Utley come up huge.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on October 24th, 2008, 6:57 am

Game 2: Not much to say on that. Ok, on to game 3.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 24th, 2008, 10:02 am

Did you attend that game?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 24th, 2008, 8:23 pm

No, the first 2 games were down in Tampa. We have tickets for game 5 this Monday night in Philly. [Fingers crossed for more timely hitting].

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on October 25th, 2008, 3:06 pm

My Sox came so close...oh, well. I have family in Pennsylvania so I'm going out for the Phillies.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on October 25th, 2008, 3:22 pm

There ya go! Lookin' forward to tonight's game.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on October 27th, 2008, 6:10 am

Games 3 & 4 in the win column. Phils now up 3-1. Can't tell you how excited we are and looking forward to tonight.
Go Phils!!!!!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Next

Return to Mister Sportsman