Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - The Favorite Ever!

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

The Favorite Ever!

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

The Favorite Ever!

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 13th, 2009, 5:55 pm

"Miller for three and he got it. Reggie Miller with a clutch trey and it's 105-102. And a steal. Miller retreats to the three-point line and hits again."
Thank you Mike Breen. As Reggie ripped the heart out of the Knicks yet again, I've enjoyed that play so many times. I actually have the DVD set of the Pacer's Greatest Games which are basically Reggie's Greatest Games and that game, Game 1 of the 1995 Eastern Conference Semifinals is on there.
This is a forum to just let me know:
Who's your favorite sports player? (Reggie Miller - Indiana Pacers - NBA)
What's your favorite sports moment? (see above)
What's your favorite sports team? (presently it's the Indianapolis Colts, Reggie's retirement cut down on my NBA interest)
What's your favorite sports rivalry? (Indianapolis-New England)
What team/player can't you stand? (New England)
What player is overrated? (Tom Brady, Flip-flop him and Peyton and the only thing that changes is the Colts don't come back to beat them in the AFC Championship three years ago)
And whatever the H else you want to say.

Give me your opinion. Speak up. Let your fan voice be heard.
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

The Lost Ones

Postby CharlyWalkslikethis on April 20th, 2009, 12:28 pm

I don't mind talking to myself. This is a topic I mull over frequently in my mind... and it goes for many other things as well as sports. Those who should have been among the greats, but for whatever reason though with sports it's almost always injury, they ended up falling away. My short list.
Terrell Davis-Could've possibly ended up being the greatest RB of all time, but the season after their second Super Bowl win he went down early and never really came back.

Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway- Post-Shaq he was still tight, but injuries hit and he never re-upped to the all-star level he was at previously.

Grant Hill-Okay, he DID come back, but I thought it would never happen. Every time the man returned he reaggravated his injury and would go back out. But I think most would agree that his career never went anywhere near where it could've if he'd been healthy for even half of what he sat out.

Those are the main ones. Comedy wise it's mostly fallouts like Martin & Lewis and among other things, well never mind. I just think about the lost sportsters quite a bit and I wanted to put that out there. Stay Safe!
"Bein' there's no other place around the place I reckon this must be the place I reckon."
CharlyWalkslikethis
Pumpkinbrain

Re: The Favorite Ever!

Postby Lunkhead on April 26th, 2009, 8:54 am

Who's your favorite sports player? (Johnny Callison - Philadelphia Phillies - MLB)
What's your favorite sports moment? (Being at game 5 last October with my oldest and youngest sons as the Phils won the world series)
What's your favorite sports team? (Philadelphia Phillies - big surprise, right?)
What's your favorite sports rivalry? (Phils - Mets, 2nd would be Phils - Braves)
What team/player can't you stand? (Cowboys and Braves [tied])
What player is overrated? (Have to think on this one)
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: The Favorite Ever!

Postby moe-jo on June 4th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Who's your favorite sports player? (Daisuke Matsuzaka - Boston Red Sox - MLB)
What's your favorite sports moment? (When Manny Delcarmen struck out Derek Jeter in a much needed out versus the Yankees at Fenway this May)
What's your favorite sports team? (Boston Red Sox)
What's your favorite sports rivalry? (Boston-New York)
What team/player can't you stand? (Derek Jeter)
What player is overrated? (Alex Rodriguez. Leave Madonna the H alone and go shoot yourself. PLEASE. Do us all a favor)
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Return to Mister Sportsman