Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Juggling As A Competitive Sport

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Juggling As A Competitive Sport

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Juggling As A Competitive Sport

Postby Preston on September 13th, 2005, 6:38 pm

One day,while flipping through the Cable channels, I suddenly ran across a SPORTS competition on JUGGLING! This struck me as both an unusual and delightful surprise because Juggling happens to be one of my hobbies. But I never expected it to become a competitive sport.

Although it does Not involve any Clashing with your opponent and so is still a Solo sport, so each Juggler is judged according to perfection and creativity of their performances.

To just give you one of the basic principles, there are Three categories of objects that can be juggled. (1)spherical, and (2)cylindrical, and (3)flat. Spherical is obviously objects such as tennis balls and apples. Cylindrical would be stick-like objects such as those Pins which resemble bowling pins, and for the most difficult would include machetes and flaming torches. Flat objects would include plates, which are difficult because the fingers canNot curl around the object like the other two categories.

In the competition, the finalists were briefly interviewed, and one juggler said that he actually fights against the objects that he juggles. Actually, for myself, I totally DISagree with him because I had always found that when I juggle that I always strive to be "AT ONE" with the objects. I always found that when I both physically and psychologically merge with the objects that I then find myself "in a FLOW" with them, the result of which is that the juggling goes much more smoothly. So I have to DISagree with that juggler.
Preston
Mutant

Juggling

Postby Lunkhead on September 17th, 2005, 9:50 pm

Interesting Preston. I've always admired the skill watching a professional juggler. I assumed there were competitions but have never viewed any on cable before.

Have you ever performed in public?
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: Juggling

Postby Preston on October 5th, 2005, 2:30 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Interesting Preston. I've always admired the skill watching a professional juggler. I assumed there were competitions but have never viewed any on cable before.

Have you ever performed in public?

Well, it depends on what you mean by "public." That is, I've Never performed on stage. But I used to attend a juggling society which used to meet weekly at a park at which we practiced our juggling. And because it was at an outdoor park, so motorists and pedestrians who happened to pass by could see what we were doing. So it depends on what you meant by the word " public."
Preston
Mutant

Return to Mister Sportsman