Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #14 - HALF SHOT SHOOTERS (1936)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#14 - HALF SHOT SHOOTERS (1936)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#14 - HALF SHOT SHOOTERS (1936)

Postby Lunkhead on September 17th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Image Image
HALF SHOT SHOOTERS begins with Moe, Larry and Curly serving in the army as WWI is ending. Their Sergeant (McGillicuddy) punishes them for sleeping on the job, and they repay him with a beating as they leave to become civilians. Struggling through the years, they are out of work and hungry. Incurring the wrath of Vernon Dent by sending a dog to steal his dinner, he tricks them into re-enlisting into the army where they find their old Sergeant waiting for them.

A fun entry with some good lines from Moe to Curly:

"No bullets going through that skull."

"Every time you think you weaken the nation."

Another highlight is the detonation test where the boys temporarily lose most of their hearing. Their interpretations of what's being said are extremely funny. Plus there's a brief performance of the stooges harmonizing on "You'll Never Know" (Tears) - a song heard several times throughout their career.

Image Image

Image Image
"Need a job?"

Image Image

Image Image
Unaware that target practice has been postponed,
the boys begin to fire the big gun with disastrous results.

Image Image

Image Image
Paying for their mistakes literally knocks their socks (and everything else) off!
Last edited by Lunkhead on November 6th, 2005, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 18th, 2005, 9:14 am

Moe,,,,"I know how to cock a cannon, right?"
Larry,,,,Curly,,,,"Right, right, right, to the right, the right, right, right."
Moe,,,,"Wait a minute! Everything allright?"
Larry,,,,Curly,,,,"Right!" smack smack

Moe,,,,"Why did you hit the Admiral's flag-ship!" --smacks Larry--
Moe,,,,"Why did you hit the Admiral's flag-ship!"--smacks Curly--
Curly----shrugs shoulders--- "I saw my duty and done it!"

Moe,,,,"Republican."
Larry,,,,"Democrat."
Curly,,,,"Not me, I'm a pedestrian!"

A sideline note about the boys firing the cannon. The boys were mentioned on The History Channels' one hour documentary, "Big Guns". They were mentioned during the discussion of the large coastal batteries, being such an attraction, even Hollywood stars were seen around them for publicity.

I'll let the other members chime in on all the other great lines in this short.
...."I feel better already!"....
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

good

Postby Xenorama on September 18th, 2005, 6:55 pm

i like this one, but the whole tricked into the army thing doesn't work for me. i know it's just the gag to get them in front of a cannon (well, behind it first) but it makes the army look really underhanded.

imagine me, sticking up for the army!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Wilytank on September 7th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Your going to spoil the war for me.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

HALF SHOT SHOOTERS (1936)

Postby Xenorama on March 17th, 2008, 1:05 am

i do like them getting even with the ol' mean sarge at first.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Return to The Shorts