Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #12 - ANTS IN THE PANTRY (1936)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#12 - ANTS IN THE PANTRY (1936)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#12 - ANTS IN THE PANTRY (1936)

Postby Lunkhead on July 10th, 2005, 3:55 pm

While working as pest exterminators for the Lightening Pest Control Company, their manager (A. Mouser) suggests they drum up business by infesting homes themselves. The boys run with this and come upon the home of a rich society lady. They sneak in and load the joint with various pests, then innocently show up at the front door. Many funny scenes as the stooges work to remove the vermin they released. They upset the hoi polloi by putting mice and ants down the backs of several guests, and by hiding their cats inside a piano.

ANTS IN THE PANTRY is another fan favorite filled with classic lines and bits. I always enjoy hearing Moe's MEET MY BAREHAND line and Larry's I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE! It also cracks me up how Larry lifts his hat to release moths into the dining room. :laugh1:

Surveying the joint of their future customer.

After releasing mice, ants and moths,
it's time to offer their services.

Heaven must have sent you!

Image Image
A mouse down this poor guy's back leads to an impromptu dance.

Image Image
This lady's face says it all as Curly & Moe try to get Larry out of the piano.
Last edited by Lunkhead on July 31st, 2005, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

i dunno

Postby Xenorama on July 15th, 2005, 10:22 am

this one i don't ever recall seeing until AMC was showing the shorts. it's not one of my favorites, since i wonder how well treated the animals were, even the vermin like mice.

but especially the cats. this was before there were many laws about treating animals well on sets.

but it is a pretty funny short.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Umday on July 17th, 2005, 12:36 pm

I must view this short as it's been a while, then I can post with a hunk a brain.
Umday
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on July 17th, 2005, 6:02 pm

but especially the cats. this was before there were many laws about treating animals well on sets.

That's true. Maybe Curly might have looked out for them a bit. I know he liked animals, especially dogs, and seemed to have a couple with him most of the time.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on July 19th, 2005, 10:39 pm

Umday wrote:I must view this short as it's been a while, then I can post with a hunk a brain.

I'll agree, I haven't seen this one in a long, long time.

I will say this though, Lunkhead, you do a great job capturing the essence of the shorts in the little pictures and synopsis.

Larry,,,,"Have some poppyseed cake!"
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on July 24th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Thanks DK. :happy2:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 14th, 2006, 6:52 am

The piano part is the funniest part. A 7 out of 10.
I have no quote.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

ANTS IN THE PANTRY (1936)

Postby Xenorama on March 17th, 2008, 1:02 am

this one was pretty funny, and looks great on the new set. so much to see!
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Return to The Shorts