Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - are we ready for some football?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

are we ready for some football?

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

are we ready for some football?

Postby Xenorama on August 15th, 2007, 10:58 pm

hey, it's almost that time of year again! finally!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 19th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Football time again. I love college ball on Saturdays and I take my best afternoon naps during Detroit Lions games.

Ok Xenorama and Lunkhead; the Lions versus your Eagles on Sunday, should be a good game but what do you think? Not worth skipping my afternoon nap for but we'll see.

Those Lions always seem to fool us into thinking they're for real and when we get sucked in, they fall apart. Yeah, a nap is a terrible thing to waste!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 20th, 2007, 7:25 pm

The Eagles are off to a lousy start, though I wasn't able to watch either of the games. Work and other things have me awfully busy, but I'm sure I'll start watching soon.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 23rd, 2007, 9:23 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:Those Lions always seem to fool us into thinking they're for real and when we get sucked in, they fall apart. Yeah, a nap is a terrible thing to waste!

Nope, didn't miss my nap!

Wow, what was that score, 56 to 21?

I hope you got to watch that game Lunk!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 25th, 2007, 6:32 am

I only watched a couple minutes, DK. I don't seem to have much passion left for pro sports anymore - not sure why. Maybe all the years of being burned by Philly teams. The Phillies are close to making the playoffs again and I really don't care. I expect them to fail, but even if they went all the way and won the world series, it would be in a year in which I and my kids didn't go to a single game and only watched a couple on TV. Yeesh, they finally killed my fandom I guess. I'm feeling the same way about the Eagles now too. I'd just rather watch DVDs instead.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on September 27th, 2007, 3:08 pm

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to come off as such a downer. I think with working so much at the new job, I haven't had the same interest in sports lately. That will probably change as time goes on. There was also a terrible tragedy with the guy who trained me the first week and that's been weighing on my mind.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 27th, 2007, 9:42 pm

No worries, don't give it a second thought, we understand.
You know, I haven't felt the same about hockey after they went on strike, just haven't felt the same since.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

we ready for some football?

Postby Xenorama on January 5th, 2008, 8:58 pm

boy, did our teams really stink up the place this year, eh Lunk?

wait til next year!

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: are we ready for some football?

Postby Lunkhead on January 6th, 2008, 12:17 am

That's for sure. Next year should hopefully be better.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 5th, 2008, 1:00 pm

At least you guys get to talk about a "next year". The Detroit Lions haven't wan anything in 51 years and it looks like it'll take that long to do it again.

Oh, by the way, cold ones are on me, I won a 4th quarter football square on that super bowl.

I'll say this, I think that the game really stunk except for the last couple of minutes. I really believe that you always get a better game when they don't take a week off. Anytime that you give those defensive coordinators that much time to plan, they can really shut the game down. I think that the players get "iced" too, maybe too nervous and out of synch at first.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 5th, 2008, 8:55 pm

That was a pretty exciting finish. I actually missed most of the game, but glad I saw the last quarter.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Afa Dollah on February 6th, 2008, 1:56 pm

I agree that the two week break before the SuperBowl should be done away with. One week should be plenty. I wonder how much of that is to allow fans to make travel plans; except that not many fans actually get to the actual game.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

ready for some football?

Postby Xenorama on December 19th, 2008, 8:56 pm

this certainly has been an unusual year in football. teams are all over the place (except the Lions, sorry DK).

any predictions?

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on December 20th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Somehow, this year I've watched very little football - even the Eagles. This is likely due to my being on call for work on many weekends. I'm glad the Eagles have hung in though. It should be interesting to see if they can squeak into the playoffs. I'm not too up on what the other teams have been doing. Who do you think will make it to the final rounds, Megs?

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on December 23rd, 2008, 8:13 pm

My Patriots have hung in there, thanks to Saturday's win over the Cardinals. Now, to stay in the race, we need to make sure that the Dolphins lose to the Jets, I believe.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Next

Return to Mister Sportsman