Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #11 - THREE LITTLE BEERS (1935)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#11 - THREE LITTLE BEERS (1935)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#11 - THREE LITTLE BEERS (1935)

Postby Lunkhead on June 18th, 2005, 10:42 pm

"I just hired three new men"... Not good news for a company employing this trio, but for fans it's music to our ears.
BEERS is one of the all time greats.

While working for the Panther Brewing Company, the boys discover the prize for an upcoming company golf tournament is $100. Deciding to practice, they head for a local course and madness soon follows. After annoying other golfers while hopelessly trying to learn the game, they begin to wreck the green by chopping down a tree, pulling up roots, and creating tons of divots. The stooges beat a hasty retreat, but then their truck unleashes a load of beer barrels resulting in one of the funniest endings ever.

"What do we have to do?"..."Shoot golf."

"Well Jasper, what did you shoot yesterday?"

"Did you pick up the gentleman's ball?"

"Oh, a wiseguy, a head-clunker eh?"

"Oh, a washing machine!"

"I'm gettin better, see? The pieces are gettin smaller."

"Nyaaaa!!!!"

The barrels is coming!

"Whoaaaaaa!!!"

Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide.

OMAGOSH!!!

"Can't get it out? Sure? NYAAAA!"
Last edited by Lunkhead on July 10th, 2005, 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on June 19th, 2005, 8:55 am

One of my all time favorites! Lots of great lines in this short.

Curly,,,,"Chumps?!" "He don't even know our names."

Gentleman,,,,"Are you members of the press"?
Curly,,,,,"I used to be,,,but I didn't do any pressing, I went through the pockets, sorta like a dry cleaning".

Manager,,,,"I just hired three new men..."

Curly,,,,"What do we have to do?"
Moe,,,,"Shoot golf."
Curly,,,,"Ooooooooh hunting, how are we gonna shoot golfs without guns?"
Moe,,,,"C'mon buffalo breath"

Moe,,,,"Press."
Larry,,,,"Press."
Curly,,,,"Pull."

Curly,,,,"I shot a seven but they wouldn't give me the money."
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Afa Dollah on June 25th, 2005, 10:18 pm

This is one of my favorites as well. I've found that a lot of people who don't really know much about the Stooges remember "the golf one." And with good reason, it is hilarious.

As a person who has never broken 100 and still plays with wooden woods (not much of a golfer, but I have my moments...I might do better if I played more than a couple of times a year!) I love the idea of just entering a tournament to win $100 bucks. Or a keg of beer. I mean, how hard can it be? Just head out onto the course and whack away! An excellent concept for a short, which also plays onto the Stooges counterpoint to the well to do.

Some of my favorite moments:

"GIMME TICKEE WASHEE SHIRTEE!" Larry's line when Curly is doing his laundry in the ball washer.

Moe making a million divots. "Look, I'm getting better. The pieces are smaller."

Larry pulling a little thread on the green and tearing out the irrigation system.

"Press. Press. Pull."

And instead of ending the short being chased off the golf course, we get treated to the excellent beer keg polka.

Overall, I would have to say this is one of my top five favorite Stooge shorts.
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Afa Dollah
Imbecile

yesh

Postby Xenorama on June 25th, 2005, 11:39 pm

no question, this is a classic. one that should be required viewing.

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Umday on June 27th, 2005, 9:09 am

Great selection of shots to go with the thread Lunkhead.

...even if the thread is about hunting.
Umday
Grapehead

Postby jamiemark on July 17th, 2005, 9:12 am

The flying barrel knocking Larry out of the tree is tremendous, you just can't get that effect with CGI..... :larry1:
"What's another word for scrutiny.......
scrutiny"
jamiemark
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on July 17th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Welcome Jamie! Glad you could join us here.

The flying barrel knocking Larry out of the tree is tremendous, you just can't get that effect with CGI.....

Totally agree. I sure do love the old effects. With CGI there's no guess work - we know it's all done on computers. It's more fun trying to discover how they achieved effects in the glory days of Hollywood.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 2:41 pm

EXTREMELY FUNNY! A 9 out of 10.
P.S. I shot a seven but they wouldn't give me the money. :curly7:
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

THREE LITTLE BEERS (1935)

Postby Xenorama on March 8th, 2008, 3:31 am

i love this one, as i said earlier. the new DVD lets you see all sorts of interesting process shots and things, wires- almost too crisp and clean for our viewing!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Return to The Shorts