Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #17 – FALSE ALARMS (1936)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#17 – FALSE ALARMS (1936)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#17 – FALSE ALARMS (1936)

Postby Lunkhead on January 22nd, 2006, 6:30 pm

In this short, the boys are inept firemen who promise to make good after their captain gives them another chance. He will later regret that decision. When Curly visits his girlfriend, she persuades him to get Moe and Larry as dates for her friends. When he can’t reach them by phone, he issues a false alarm to get their attention. They crowd into the captain’s car for a joyride and promptly destroy it.

FALSE ALARMS is another fine entry with loads of laughs. Highlights include Moe forcing Larry to retrieve a key from a drain, Curly’s bantering with the girls, and making lots of little hoses out of big ones!

"I grow on people." ~ "So do warts!"

Not so fast porcupine.

Nyaa! Aaa! Aaa!

Come outta there!

Like a can of sardines.

Curly never learns!
Last edited by Lunkhead on February 4th, 2006, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

i dunno

Postby Xenorama on January 24th, 2006, 1:03 am

i dunno, this isn't one i really love. i hadn't seen it at all until recently, but the as firemen the boys don't seem to be so lovable. still, it is fun, so perhaps i have to let it grow on me...

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 24th, 2006, 6:59 pm

I've told this story before but here goes again.

Years ago they had a "Crack open a twelve pack of Curly's" at the Royal Oak Music Theater. Of course ,we were all tailgaiting before hand, cracking open ice cold curly's and such in the parking lot.

They played this short to start off the evening. Well anyways, all 1300 of us there started screaming "Go Curly Go!" as he was chasing the cake down the stairs. What a riot! What an absolute riot!

I really like this short, probabily because of my memories associated with it, lots of funny lines in this one. I remember meeting the manager on my way out of the event, he said that we had the joint a rocking, like nothing else in recent memory.

Lady,,,,"You'll like me after we get aquainted, I grow on people."
Curly,,,,"So do warts!"
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 24th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Cool story DK. Thanks for sharing your experience. Isn't it great watching the shorts with a large group that's into it? The stooges are funny enough on their own, but the laughter from an audience makes it even better. That's how it is in the film room at the annual club meetings. A blast!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 3rd, 2006, 10:02 pm

Moe,,,,"Now listen captan, You wouldn't turn us out into the cold cruel world, suppose it was snowing, we would freeze."
Curly,,,,"Yeah, it'll be cruelty to animals."
Larry,,,,"Yeah, our girls love us in these uniforms."
Moe,,,,"Oh captan, give us another chance will ya, we'll put out a fire single handed."
Larry,,,,"We'll start two fires and put them out double handed."
Curly,,,,"We'll even start a fire and have YOU put it out."

Moe,,,,Say let's get this over with and I'll ask the captan to let us off tonight.
Curly,,,,"Yeah, we're invited to Macy's house to a birthday party.
Moe,,,,"Oh boy!"
Curly,,,,"Plenty of pigs knuckles smothered in garlic ."
Larry,,,,"She's got a couple of new girls for us to meet too."
Moe,,,,"Oh, a blind date eh?"
Curly,,,,"She ain't blind, she may be a little hard of hearing."
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 4th, 2006, 9:08 am

Great quotes DK! :thumbs_up1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby RedKing on February 10th, 2006, 8:39 am

I love this short, there's so many great lines in it. Plus my brother-in-law is a fireman, so that just makes it funnier.
My absolute favorite lines:
Curly on the phone with Moe as the big girl listens excitedly,"Moe, get over here right now, you're missing the biggest thing of your life!" :curly1:

Then after the boys wreck the captain's car and Moe is thrown clear, he goes and starts trying to pull Curly, Larry and the girls out through the trunk. this line is kind of a mumbled throw away, but it cracked me up. moe's trying to pull the large girl out and he yealls,"Hey, somebody help me with this midget!" :moe1:
Moe: "What are you-an idiot, an imbecile, a moron?"
Larry:"I'll give you 10 to 1 I'm in there someplace!"
RedKing
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on February 10th, 2006, 8:59 pm

"Hey, somebody help me with this midget!" :moe1:

That is a super funny moment. :rotfl:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Wilytank on September 8th, 2006, 8:02 pm

I don't know if it's half empty or half full!
A 7 out of 10
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

FALSE ALARMS (1936)

Postby Xenorama on March 18th, 2008, 2:28 am

nope, still don't find it that great.
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy