Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #22 - 3 DUMB CLUCKS (1937)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#22 - 3 DUMB CLUCKS (1937)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#22 - 3 DUMB CLUCKS (1937)

Postby Lunkhead on September 18th, 2006, 9:51 pm

This short features Curly in a duel role as himself and as the father of the trio.

It begins with the stooges doing time in jail. They receive word that their father is planning to ditch their mom and marry a younger girl. Naturally, they bust out of the hoosegow to help prevent it. With Curly resembling his father so well, they are able to substitute him at the wedding. However, they find the whole thing has been a plot by the girl and some thugs to bump off their dad for his cash.

Watch for Curly as Pop triple slap himself, Moe and Larry.

This short was remade with Shemp in 1953 as UP IN DAISY'S PENTHOUSE. Though I’ve not seen it in a while, I seem to remember preferring Shemp’s version in this instance.

"She's supposed to be his wife, but now she's gonna be his daughter! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk." ~ :curly1:
Last edited by Lunkhead on November 7th, 2006, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 19th, 2006, 8:37 pm

I like both the Curly and the Shemp version of this funny short.

Warden,,,,"What's going on here?"
Curly,,,,Termites!"
Warden,,,,"I'll report them."

Moe while shaving, the warden says, "what you need is a hack saw" to which Larry replies, "well we tried that and,,," CRUNCH

The funniest scene (for me at least) is where Larry is shaking up the drink for Moe and the shaker lid blows off into Moe's face and nearly knocks him back a step,,,, oh too funny.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on September 19th, 2006, 10:07 pm

where Larry is shaking up the drink for Moe and the shaker lid blows off into Moe's face and nearly knocks him back a step

That is a funny bit! I always love when Larry accidentally nails Moe, but poor Larry usually winds up paying for it. :laugh1:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on September 20th, 2006, 4:37 pm

DangerkittyToTheRescue wrote:The funniest scene (for me at least) is where Larry is shaking up the drink for Moe and the shaker lid blows off into Moe's face and nearly knocks him back a step,,,, oh too funny.

Moe really gets blasted, it's like a fire hose, 40 times the water that would normally be in that shaker!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

great one

Postby Xenorama on September 22nd, 2006, 6:49 pm

i quite enjoyed this one. any time a Stooge gets to slap himself, well, that's comedy gold!

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Wilytank on September 25th, 2006, 6:39 am

Funny. An 8 out of 10.
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

Postby Wilytank on October 7th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Hey it would really be funny if one said AK-47. :war:
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

3 DUMB CLUCKS (1937)

Postby Xenorama on June 3rd, 2008, 3:16 pm

i think the boys were in the slammer due to Curly's larceny. he even tries to steal from his pa!
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

Re: #22 - 3 DUMB CLUCKS (1937)

Postby Lunkhead on June 3rd, 2008, 5:37 pm

We got a kick out of slowing down the scene where they use Curly as a battering ram to get out. The shorts are so clear on these new sets - it was fun seeing the dummy substitute. :laugh1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Steve on June 7th, 2008, 11:43 am

Just got the Three Stooges Collection V 2. 1937-1939 and it was great seeing this one again! In fact, 3 Dumb Clucks is the first Stooges short I showed to my (Stooge Hating) wife, and she actually liked it! So there's hope in getting her to become a Stooges fan!
"You're umbday in any language!"
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on June 7th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Welcome to the board, Steve. Nice having another stooge fan here. My wife also is not a fan of the boys, but I catch her chuckling at some of the dialogue as she passes by. My sister and daughter love them though, and so did my mom.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Steve on September 9th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Now having watched the remastered shorts so many times, I have to say that 3 Dumb Clucks is in my top ten Stooges shorts. The cocktail shaker gag (Larry: "We sure mixed it!"), Curly saying "Trying to do me bodily harm!" and the scene with Curly running back and forth from the thugs gets me laughing every time. Moe's scream as he almost goes over the edge is also chuckle worthy. Love this one!
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Steve on April 7th, 2009, 7:31 pm

Update: Not only is 3 Dumb Clucks in my top ten Stooges shorts, it is my number one short of them all! A riot from beginning to end! I never tire of watching this materwork.

Don't you just love that restrained "Woo-Woo" Curly does when Daisy Waisy kisses him?
Steve
Grapehead

Postby Lunkhead on April 9th, 2009, 6:47 am

I'll have to give this one another look. It's one I've seen lesser of than most of the others. (Did I just ejaculate a mouth full? :wink: )

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Return to The Shorts