Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - OL Episode #12 – The Borderland

OL Episode #12 – The Borderland

Episode Discussions

Moderator: Xenorama

OL Episode #12 – The Borderland

Postby Lunkenstein on November 6th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Original Airdate: December 16, 1963

This ep is a nice little departure with a whole different feel - a cool piece of sci-fi that ponders some mysteries and theories of nature. Great special effects highlight the tale of scientists busting through to an alternate dimension. Peter Mark Richman (who was all over TV in the '60s, and also in OL Season 2’s “THE PROBE”) is Ian Frazer, the brave adventurer who risks his life for the advancement of science. Nina Foch (“CRY OF THE WEREWOLF”) plays his scientist wife. Also in the cast is Phillip Abbott, who will return in OL’s “ZZZZZ”. No bear here, but the science effects are top notch. From Ian’s 2 right hands to the negative rat to the intriguing other worldly effects, including a splendid slow motion montage, it is a visual delight. Seems there’s stuff to admire in every single episode, no matter what approach they took.

On a personal note, while in 7th grade in 1968, I had a substitute teacher named Mr. Richman. He mentioned he was Peter Mark Richman’s brother. That was pretty cool, to have a little OL connection for the young Lunkster. I got to tell him I enjoyed his brother’s work, especially in my favorite sci-fi series.

“Eva!!!!!”
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Re: OL Episode #12 – The Borderland

Postby Preston on September 8th, 2008, 7:58 pm

When I least expect it, an Outer Limits actor shows up. Because I happened to catch an episode of BONANZA, and there was MARK RICHMAN as a villain. The Bonanza episode was entitled "A World Full Of Cannibals" but the word "cannibals" was meant as only metaphorical. The plot had to do with a Marshall getting Ben Cartwright to board a government witness at Ben's Ponderosa to keep the witness safe until he can appear at court to give a testimony. Already, two attempts had been made on the man's life. The villain who is trying to eliminate the witness is Vardeman, played by MARK RICHMAN. But what really SURPRISES me is that there is also ANOTHER Outer Limits actor in that episode. The actor is JOHN MILFORD, and he plays one of Vardeman's henchmen. If you can recall it, that JOHN MILFORD acted as a government agent in the OUTER LIMITS episode CHILDREN OF SPIDER COUNTY. There you have it, Lunk, TWO Outer Limits actors in one episode. While I'm at it,I was wondering, Lunk, if you know of any other NON-outer limts shows where MORE THAN ONE outer limits actor appeared in a single episode.
Preston
Mutant

Re: OL Episode #12 – The Borderland

Postby Lunkenstein on October 5th, 2008, 5:31 pm

I guess the most obvious would be William Shatner (COLD HANDS, WARM HEART), Leonard Nimoy (I, ROBOT), James Doohan (EXPANDING HUMAN) and Michael Ansara (SOLDIER) all being in the original STAR TREK episode, 'DAY OF THE DOVE'. There are probably many other instances, as a lot of OL actors did other shows back then. I can't think of any more right now off the top of my head though.

Image Image
Lunkenstein
Fiend Behind the Face

Return to The Outer Limits