Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - are we ready for some football?

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

are we ready for some football?

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: are we ready for some football?

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on December 28th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Lunkhead wrote: I'm glad the Eagles have hung in though. It should be interesting to see if they can squeak into the playoffs.

Well now, the Eagles are up in their game, looking promising to make the playoffs.

Meanwhile back in the nap time division, I went through a perfect napping season, the Detroit Lions just set the record, 0-16 on the season. Oh well, wait until next season. For what I ask, to keep the streak going?!!!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on December 30th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Sorry about your teams, guys. Ouch - especially your Lions, DK! :sick:
I'm amazed the Eagles got in with a record of 9-6-1, but heck, I'll take it.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on December 31st, 2008, 7:04 pm

The Dolphins won...
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 4th, 2009, 8:55 pm

How about those Eagles! I saw they were up with jut a minute to go in their playoff game. How exciting!

Colts are out, what's up with that?!!

Thank you for the condolences about those Lions, we're still in trouble, they have promoted Matt Millens' assistant to his GM position, this doesn't bode well. I honestly think that the all time losing streak is in jepordy here.

Anyways, lets talk about happier things, how about those Eagles!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 7th, 2009, 8:28 pm

Who'd a thunk it? I'm happy though and am looking forward to this week's game against the Giants. Go Birds!!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on January 11th, 2009, 8:12 pm

And now we're going to the NFC Championship game. Wow!

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 11th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Lunkhead wrote:And now we're going to the NFC Championship game. Wow!

This is like a city of brotherly champions, so to speak.

I'm rooting for the Eagles, hope that they do well, in any case, divisional championship games are usually quite exciting to watch.

It's clear to see how woefully inadequate our Lions are after watching some "real" teams play the game.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on January 18th, 2009, 6:38 pm

And that's that. If only they'd played a little better in the first half. Yeesh. Thank heavens for the Phillies.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 18th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Lunkhead wrote:And that's that. If only they'd played a little better in the first half. Yeesh. Thank heavens for the Phillies.

I thought that they did excellent in coming back and taking a lead in the game after looking like thet were dead.

At least you guys made it to the playoffs, I didn't miss a nap with the Lions all season.

You watch, the next team facing those cardinals will shut down that wide reciever big time, he won't be scoring 4 touchdowns.

Oh yeah, what about the write up on those Phillies that you promised us? :haughty:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby moe-jo on January 22nd, 2009, 8:13 pm

Sorry about your Eagles, Lunk. My cousins probably aren't too happy either.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on January 29th, 2009, 9:35 am

Hey, that's the way it goes. I'm looking forward to the 2009 Phillies now.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 1st, 2009, 10:22 am

Football squares, yeah I'm in. Since I won a square last year, this time I decided to be "Daddy warbucks" and buy a couple.

Pittsburg,, 7
Arizona,,,, 3

Pittsburg,, 3
Arizona,,,, 0

Pittsburg,, 2
Arizona,,,, 2 (I'm not holding my breath on this one.)
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 1st, 2009, 6:55 pm

Good luck, DK! I have no favorite in it. Hope things go your way.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 1st, 2009, 10:31 pm

Yes, we have no bananzas, but we've got plenty of bricks! crash

Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

It's a bananza!

You mean I'm filthy rich? You're filthy without it!

Dangerkitty spinning on the floor

I hit twice on the squares, funniest part is that I refused to pick my own squares, let someone else do that for me.

Make way for the money man, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 2nd, 2009, 6:54 am

Congrats! I only got to see the 4th quarter, but that was a pretty exciting finish.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Sportsman