Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Peek-a-boo Veil

Postby Preston on August 8th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Here's one I ran across that might need some explaining. As most of you know, in the religion of Islam, the Women wear VEILS on their faces because their religion does NOt allow their faces to be seen. But in the case I ran across,I think it went even beyond. An Islamic woman is demanding a Divorce from her husband because her husband looked under her facial veil when she was sleeping. That confuses me because I thought that even though the Islamic women have to wear Veils while in Public,but at least at home their faces can be seen by their own husbands. Isn't that so? Or is it because the husband looked when he was not supposed to? Maybe the husband needs permission first, I don't know. If you ask me, it's a pretty bizarre custom, something you might find on another planet.
Preston
Mutant

Re: Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Postby Lunkhead on August 10th, 2008, 10:21 am

Actually, my wife wanted a divorce after getting a good look at me in the light.

Just kidding :happy1:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

To make a delicious sushi

Postby Preston on September 3rd, 2008, 7:16 pm

The President of Japan's Osakana Planning Co. told attendees of the Japanese Seafood Show in July that his tuna makes superior sushi because his company administers acupuncture to each fish prior to its death, in order to reduce stress.
Since I enjoy sushi, I would like to try that sushi.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on September 6th, 2008, 12:41 pm

This is one, wild world. :smug2:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on September 7th, 2008, 6:48 pm

My sister and her boyfriend went to an arcade in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire and played Deal or No Deal. My sister kept saying, "Watch the 200 briefcase..." and when it finally asked for a deal or no deal, they had 101 tickets. They didn't take the deal and ended up with 3 tickets.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Preston on October 29th, 2008, 7:33 pm

(News from San Diego, Cal.) Sarah Lavely opened Sarah's Smash Shack in downtown San Diego, inviting people who are angry at someone or something to slam ceramic plates, vases and glass pieces (such as framed photographs of an ex) against walls in special rooms --- 15 minutes, 15 plates at $45 dollars.

The way I see it, maybe the word should Not be "angry" but "infuriated" since infuriation is much worse than anger. Speaking for myself(Preston), I don't feel angry to that extent. Irritated at times but Not angry. But I wonder how many of the others in the audience would use Sarah's services. Makes you wonder how helpful that kind of service is.
Preston
Mutant

Identity Theft

Postby Preston on November 9th, 2008, 7:45 pm

(News from Green Bay, Wisconsin) Wendy Brown, 33, was charged with identity theft in Green Bay, Wis., after she enrolled at Ashwaubenon High School pretending to be her 15-year-old daughter (who actually lives in Nevada). Though Brown has a "history" of identity-theft issues (according to a school official who spoke with Brown's mother), one motive in this case was to fulfill a longtime dream of becoming a cheerleader, and she had been attending practices and had made the squad, according to school officials.
Preston
Mutant

What a Stove.

Postby Preston on December 3rd, 2008, 7:39 pm

In Port Angeles, Wash., Ms. Cory Davis, 56, was shot in the leg by her stove. A .22-gauge shotgun shell had found its way into some newspapers that she had put on to burn. "There's alwys that one problem stray," she said.
Last edited by Preston on December 7th, 2008, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on December 4th, 2008, 7:51 am

Ouch! :laugh1:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on January 20th, 2009, 8:29 pm

Lunkhead wrote:Ouch! :laugh1:

Since Lunk said the word "ouch," let me also add that, as far as I know, the World's Record for the most clothespins pinned to a person's face is 150. Man, what people will do to get honored for a World's Record!
Preston
Mutant

Crime doesn't pay

Postby Preston on January 28th, 2009, 7:53 pm

A 49-year old man was hospitalized in Leavenworth, Kansas, after using a front-end loader to pluck an ATM from the Frontier Credit Union. He was hurt when he drove to the edge of a 50-foot embankment and tried to drop the ATM, imagining the the fall would break it open, but instead, he, the loader and the ATM all crashed to the bottom.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on January 29th, 2009, 10:38 am

Not the brightest thief, was he?

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Fingernails

Postby Preston on February 23rd, 2009, 8:16 pm

Just saw on the news last week about the lady with the world's longest fingernails, that is, 28-feet and some inches long. Problem was that she got into a car-crash. She survived, but the car-crash damaged her fingernails, so she No longer has the Guinness World Record for that feat.

Man, with those long fingernails, it must be doggone difficult to wash dishes and button her clothes. The last time previous to the lady that I saw was a Man from India who had the longest fingernails. I don't know why a Gent would want to do that. To me, it seems more a feat that a Lady would want to do. :christine1:
Preston
Mutant

Man, was he drunk

Postby Preston on May 21st, 2009, 7:30 pm

A 44-year old drunken man was arrested in Ann Arbor, Mich., blocking traffic by approaching an officer and requesting a big hug (and then cursing the officer when he declined).
Preston
Mutant

Gardening

Postby Preston on June 9th, 2009, 7:19 pm

On the 10 pm news was a report on a lady who collects Toilets that have been discarded. She takes the Toilets (the whole shebang, the bowl and the tank) and now uses them as pots for her Flowers. Not only the bowls but even the Toilet tanks are used to pot her Flowers. The report even showed all her "potted" plants which she displays in her front yard. Problem is that her neighbors complained because, to them, it's an eye-sore. As a result,the law-enforcement has told her to remove those potted plants, but, at last report, she has refused.
Just wondering what you folks think about that. Is that lady being treated Unfairly? The way I see it, maybe she could put the potted plants in her Backyard. That way, it would Not offend her neighbors. My opinion.
Preston
Mutant

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion