Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - 2009 Phillies

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

2009 Phillies

Hey sports junkies! Spew some blood, sweat & tears over your fav teams, games & players.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

2009 Phillies

Postby Lunkhead on October 20th, 2009, 7:23 am

We're going wild here again this year. My oldest and youngest sons were with me at Game 4 of the NLDS last night and what an ending! Down to the last out for the second time this post season, we come back to win in the 9th once more! Now up 3-1 against the Dodgers, things are looking mighty fine for a return to the World Series.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: 2009 Phillies

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 24th, 2009, 8:04 am

In todays sports, going back to back to a championship in any sport is nearly unheard of these days.

I have the sneaking feeling that the Yankees are on a mission this year but the Philly's look like the team of destiny, should be a great series.

Lunk, be sure to soak it all in and enjoy every minute of this, I'll be rooting for you guys.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on October 24th, 2009, 10:01 am

Thanks, DK! We're so excited here!! How about those Angels hanging on, for now anyhow.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on October 24th, 2010, 8:31 pm

I heard that the Philly's were in the playoffs but didn't make it to the World Series. Sorry to hear that, I was rooting for them to make their return but alas, it wasn't ment to be.

That really makes you appreciate how truley special it is when your sports teams win a championship.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: 2010 season

Postby Lunkhead on October 26th, 2010, 8:17 am

Hi, DK. Yep, we were at Game 6 last Saturday night when they lost to the Giants. We had great pitching this year, but the bats never really caught fire all season. Always plagued with leaving men on base and that's what really cost us the NLCS. But hey, I'm still so grateful for the 2008 season. To be at Game 5 (both nights) to win a World Series and share that with 2 of my sons is a memory we'll always cherish. It really is hard getting back to the WS, even though they did it last year in 2009, but lost to the Yankees. Still, this is the most winning the Phils have ever done, season after season and we love it here in Philly. Should be another good year in 2011 because of the starting rotation , though it looks like Jason Werth will leave as he's now a free agent.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Re: 2010 season

Postby moe-jo on October 27th, 2010, 11:27 am

Lunkhead wrote:though it looks like Jason Werth will leave as he's now a free agent.

There has been talk about moving Jayson Werth to Boston, along with a couple other big names, but what I really don't like is the possibility of Derek Jeter coming to Boston. As a certified Yankee-hater, he is not welcome at Fenway.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Return to Mister Sportsman