Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Just so ya know...

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Just so ya know...

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Re: Just so ya know...

Postby moe-jo on October 9th, 2010, 5:03 pm

I just scroll down, see nothing new, and leave.
"I am not what I am." Iago, from William Shakespeare's Othello
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on October 9th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Quite understandable. How've ya been? I'd like to try to get this place rolling again if possible.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on October 11th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Pretty good. Started college, just applied for a job. How about yourself?
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on October 11th, 2010, 8:28 pm

That sounds good. Best of luck to you with both.

Not much new on my end, except my son and I have been playing music together for about a year and a half now. It's great fun. He's on keyboard and I'm on acoustic guitar. We're trying to get some local jobs and have been doing open mics, benefits, parties, etc.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on October 13th, 2010, 11:19 am

That's pretty wicked. Do you do covers or write your own songs?
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on October 13th, 2010, 4:29 pm

We do a lot of covers, but also have some originals. I wrote a handful back in the '80s and now we're coming up with some more. At some point, we're going to try making a home-made CD. Here's the link to our myspace page. We're called 'Living in Harmony' => http://www.myspace.com/livinginharmonymusic

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby moe-jo on October 14th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Wicked. Some of my favorite bands are on there.
moe-jo
Mongoose

Postby Lunkhead on October 15th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Thanks, moe-jo. We're trying to learn more covers when we get the time and work on originals too. It's so much fun.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 19th, 2011, 10:00 pm

You guys are not bad, not bad at all. I'm siting here jamming to Glass Horse compliments of Lunkhead and son. That's got to be so cool to play with your son like that, all the admiration in the world for you two together.

Co-workers were talking about the internet last week, I was saying that youtube was killing off the message boards like this one, so to speak. Back in the day, you would frequent message boards to get your fix of your favorite subjects, interests. Internet was limited to dial up speeds so low bit messages prevailed but then higher cable speeds came along with youtube allowing people to fill their fix a whole lot faster. Kinda like the pistachio theory, one at a time and you can't stop but get a whole handfull at once, you're full, see you later.

I noticed the hits on other stooges boards are very low but look at youtube and views are through the roof.

To me it's not just the stooges but the relationships that get formed over time that's important. Just had to say so. I'll say it again, you guys are making my night with the music!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 20th, 2011, 10:38 am

Thanks so much for the kind words, DK. I changed the songs on our myspace page since moe-jo checked it out last October. My son and I lean toward more moody types of music, but we had to put more upbeat things up there in order to get the 'Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure in PHILA' gig this coming Mother's Day. We are having fun learning a bunch of new songs for the show - we'll be playing for 3 hours straight. Adding hits from the early Beatles, Otis Redding, Johnny Nash, Katrina and the Waves, R&B, Motown, etc.

RIDE A GLASS HORSE and JUST LIKE BILLY THE KID are two of our originals. Funny how GLASS HORSE seems to be the one people like the most on first listenings. Maybe that will be our first single. :laugh1: Our buddy, Aubrey Watkins, wrote the lyrics to those and we added the music. We have a lot more originals, old and new, and many in the works. Right now, the Cancer Benefit is our top priority though.

I'll upload a few mp3s of other covers for you to check out here. We never seem to get our best jams recorded, funny how that happens.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Lunkhead on February 20th, 2011, 10:41 am

P.S. In addition to YouTube, Facebook has put a huge dent into message board activity. Maybe we can start bucking the trend here again though. :wink:

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Some More of Samoa Songs

Postby Lunkhead on February 20th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 20th, 2011, 8:16 pm

The year of the cat sent chills, yeah, that one is a keeper.

I didn't know that Glass Horse was an original, that one is a keeper too. I like the cord progressions. Seems to me that you could easily do Beatles cover songs and I bet you could also do some of the softer Meatloaf songs too.

It's now official, I'm a Living in Harmony groupy. :happy1:
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 24th, 2011, 8:39 am

Thanks so much, DK. I'm having so much fun doing music with my son. In the last 3 weeks or so, he's now adding vocals and some harmonica. It's improving our over-all sound a lot. He had no interest in singing, but me and my buddy kept encouraging him that our duo would sound more full. Now that he's trying it, he's enjoying it quite a bit. We'll just keep working to get as good a sound as possible.

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby AmalgamatedMoron on March 1st, 2011, 8:51 pm

Wow guys! Haven't been here in a while. Hope everyone is good.

We should get this message board busy again. I left the boards at threestooges.net over a fight with that drug addict administrator Shemps#1. He's a real jerk. And I was a member of Team Stooge at the time helping them transcribe some shorts. Real shame.
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." Curly - Movie Maniacs, 1936
AmalgamatedMoron
Pumpkinbrain

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion